Help with weird issue at WOT

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
The car is a 1993 Cobra, 64k miles

Near STOCK configuration
-no smog pump
FRPP shorty headers/MAC Prochamber/Cat-back exhaust.

I just recently got the car, replaced the plugs with stock plugs, replaced the rotor/cap, new fuel filter, new oil, new air filter....etc.

The car has ran great with no issues for about a single-tank of gas after all the work was done to get the car road-worthy again.

I just took it out for a quick spin yesterday, and the car seems to break up/hesitate around 4500-5k, only under WOT. If I'm @ 90% throttle or lower...etc smooth as a button as it redlines @5500ish.

The only thing that I've done was add some SeaFoam to the gas during this time, which should be all gone now from the tank.... just to remove carbon buildup...etc.

Any ideas thoughts as to what could cause the car to do this? I'm guessing it can only be a fuel or spark issue?

WillyB93

Established Member
Make sure you didn't get the wrong plug wire in the wrong place.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Well...I think I may have found the issue on cyl #6.

plug.jpg

Thanks for the help guys.

WillyB93

Established Member
You gotta watch putting them in especially without the boots on the socket. probably got cracked on initial install.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
You gotta watch putting them in especially without the boots on the socket. probably got cracked on initial install.

Not sure, I've put 100's of sets of plugs in cars in my life... Rubber-booted socket, used anti-sieze..... Ran great for weeks until I ran some seafoam in the fuel... 2 days later the issue appeared.

Users who are viewing this thread