Help with weight reduction !!!!

1Bad5.0

Established Member
Ok guys I need some tips on reducing weight on my car. I'm trying to get the car in the 10's NA and only bolt ons. What I have done so far is remove spare tire and jack, take out passenger seat for track day, removed front sway bar, ordered BMR K member, A arms, and radiator support....what am I missing ???

Thanks for any input

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Ford Racing's rear cross brace from the Laguna Seca cuts 22 lbs. from the rear of the car. A Lithium Pros C680 cuts 27 lbs. off the front.

hitmix300

Established Member
I generally get to the track with 1/8th tank of gas or less, and I pulled that rear seat today just to see what it weighs and it's 5lbs maybe....but it's weight

I've read multiple places that the rear seats are 40lbs or more if u have premium or special package.

Do you have race wheels and tires?

I have race stars for front and back and they're much lighter than factory 19s!

1Bad5.0

Established Member
I have Darkstars with bigs and littles....I didn't pull the top part of the rear seats out, just the bottom cushion.

I've read multiple places that the rear seats are 40lbs or more if u have premium or special package.

Do you have race wheels and tires?

I have race stars for front and back and they're much lighter than factory 19s!

hitmix300

Established Member
I have Darkstars with bigs and littles....I didn't pull the top part of the rear seats out, just the bottom cushion.

Almost forgot to mention a aluminum single piece driveshaft if you can afford it.

Less rotating mass, save weight and better ETs

Last edited:

BV600

Established Member
There was a thread not to long ago with one that was $200 and under that was pretty light

D.T.R

Established Member
^ lmao
i ran a small oddyssey (pc680) battery in my honda and god did i hate that battery. i would cut weight elsewhere. If i didn't drive the car every 2 or 3 days, it would be dead. cold days, it would be dead. it struggle to crank the car up. It made compression tests read WAY lower than supposed to. I hated every bit of that small battery.

Users who are viewing this thread