Help With UPR coilover kit for rear

SuperStang954

Established Member
Today I did a SRA swap in my 04 cobra and put a rear UPR coil-over kit with strange shocks. Everything bolted right up to the frame including adjustable upper arms and lowers. Went to lower the car down and the setting for the coil is as low as it can go and the rear fender is 3 inchs from the tire. I called UPR and they said we did the install wrong. We did everything the instructions said to do. Also the front springs from the coilover kit we did were the same size as the rear. (not spring rate,just length). I feel like we need a shorter spring for the rear but UPR keeps telling me that I need to notch more out the shock but I don't know what he's talking about. Any suggestions would really help. We cut the Hub(welds off the top) off the top and took the dust shield off. Is there more you can cut off ??????

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Today I did a SRA swap in my 04 cobra and put a rear UPR coil-over kit with strange shocks. Everything bolted right up to the frame including adjustable upper arms and lowers. Went to lower the car down and the setting for the coil is as low as it can go and the rear fender is 3 inchs from the tire. I called UPR and they said we did the install wrong. We did everything the instructions said to do. Also the front springs from the coilover kit we did were the same size as the rear. (not spring rate,just length). I feel like we need a shorter spring for the rear but UPR keeps telling me that I need to notch more out the shock but I don't know what he's talking about. Any suggestions would really help. We cut the Hub(welds off the top) off the top and took the dust shield off. Is there more you can cut off ??????

whats the length? usually you use 10 or 12" in the back....if its the same as the front you probe got 14s

cobraman302

Established Member
Any updates on this? I am having the same issue on my '97 Cobra with Strange 10 way adjustable struts and the UPR coilover kit they sell. I cannot figure it out, other than the spring is too long.

strkd50

Established Member
Was there ever a solution to this? Mine are as low as they can go on my 97 and it still sits a little high. There is also very very little suspension travel available with it set like this.

Users who are viewing this thread