help with the stock blower

svo600

Established Member
I recently took my stock blower off and put on a ported unit, I took apart the snout off the stock unit and was checking the coupler, ect. My questions are how much gear oil do i need to put back in it, is it the 4.7oz that eaton says, could i put more? and also do i need to make a gasket for the snout or loctite the bolts? I didnt see a gasket when i took it apart. thanks I trust you guys more than anyone else with my 500.

airmanb2b

Established Member
Buy two bottles. Get a piece of rubber hose and just fill until it starts to run out. It will start to pool up by the drain plug threads. Do not locktite the drive unit bolts. You need to use some anaerobic sealent (any parts store) on the mating surface of the drive.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Sounds like you're on the right track.

Just fill it on a level surface until it barely starts to trickle out of the drain/fill plug hole. No more than that.

You can use a very small drop of loctite on the snout bolts too but make sure it's very little.

Torque on those bolts is 23ft lbs and when you tighten them do it in a star pattern just like you would tighten a wheel down.

Users who are viewing this thread