help with swirls.

DCAN87

Established Member
Hey guys.

I recently bought a PC and I tried it out on my car. I had a crappy swirl remover and it really didn't get too much out. I'm going to be picking up some SSR 2.5 and SSR 1 soon so I can give it another shot. What should my steps be after this and what should I use?

Also, after I claybared and put the swirl remover down, the paint started to dis-color. It turned a sort of greyish. I used a paint cleaner and it cleared up, but does anyone know why it did that?

I kinda got more confused about the whole situation. :shrug:

Thanks for any help. :beer:

trance_in_miami

Established Member
im sure it was hazing, Cheap Swirl remover. But it can also be the type of pad you were using or the fact that you might have used that product in direct sunlight.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Sounds like the cheap swirl remover was just that....cheap. You'll be happy with the SSR linup. Follow up the SSRs with a good polish and then a wax. What color is your car?

DCAN87

Established Member
My car is black. The worst color to clean, but the best looking when it gets there.

I didn't use the swirl remover in direct sunlight. It was actually done in the garage on a cloudy day. I used the pad recommended, so that shouldn't have been it. I guess it must have been the swirl remover.

Users who are viewing this thread