help with swap

Lethalvenom2008

Established Member
Im trying to fire up my coupe and it just clicks once. the theft light is activated. I got a tune but im sure thats not the problem.i dont want to take it to ford.can i purchase a pats programmer so i can link up the key to the pats or should i just take it to ford? are their any device that someone recommends?

crazycarlo

Established Member
Whoever tuned the car can turn the pays system off in the tune. It's either that or take it to ford so the can reset it and replace the parts that don't match.

Lethalvenom2008

Established Member
ttt.i got the tuner from american muscle .told them to take the pats off.think i need the keys programmed to new pcm.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Most ford places are going to have you bring it in, then charge a diagnostic fee before they even replace the parts if indeed the PATS is whats wrong. You may have told American Muscle to turn the pats of however Id call them and speak with their tuner or Bama tunes or whoever does their tuning. If you did indeed have the pats turned off then having the keys programmed wont matter.

Also if the pats has been acticvated it just makes it so your car wont start but it should still crank over. If yours just clicks it may have other problems as well.

Lethalvenom2008

Established Member
ford told me if i have the key ,but its not the original key.ford said they could not get a key code. its just a blink on all the lights.the starter does not turn what so ever.

Lethalvenom2008

Established Member
i got this all boogerd up .what do i need from here

12172012985.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread