Help with Shifting.

cajuncreeper

Established Member
Guys i recently purchased my 03 and need some advice. Went I try to speed shift the car from first to second it feels like the car is falling on its face. the RPMS are climbing but it isnt making power. If I grany shift the car it runs fine. Any input on the subject would be appreciated. :shrug:
Thanks again

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
my advice...SHRINK THAT SIG!!!!

Oh maybe get some tires

Last edited:

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
First things first....get a bigger sig. Everything else will works itself out.

cajuncreeper

Established Member
mods

K&N CAI, PHP throttle boby, PHP inlet, Diablo with custom tune. Flow master catback, high flow cats, 2.80 pulley and 100mm idler. 449RWHP and 471RWTQ

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
Speed shifting is the problem. its actually slower than using the clutch.
Go ahead and shift like 99% of the other shifting people.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
what is speed shifting, I never had a Cobra but the fastest way to shift my WRX was to power shift, just like a regular shift except there is no lifting off the gas pedal.

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
Speed shifting usually involves winding the engine out to a certain rpm (redline) letting off the gas pulling the shifter out of gear holding it against the next one and it should slide right in. People think they are somehow shifting faster than if they used the clutch when in reality its the same. Power shifting gains a little but is bad on transmissions.
Speed shifting is also used to shift unsnychronized big truck transmission as double clutching is redundant.

Users who are viewing this thread