help with SCT livelink wideband input

Maxspeed04svt

Established Member
So I did a quick log on my sct x4 , i was able to see the wideband input from my innovate LC1 wideband right on the x4.

I transferred the log to my computer to try to view it, but i can only get the wideband log to show in 0-5 v not actual AFR, I saw some info on changing the voltage offset but I cant seem to find where to enter it and how.

Can anyone help me out?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
You have to enter the analog equation in livelink, it is (V*3.008) + 7.35 for AFR and (V*0.2046)+.5 for Lambda.

I don't think Livelink will adjust logs already taken. When I forget to set up the equation I just open the .csv in Excel, plug the 0-5V value into the equation and then paste over it.

Edit: Forgot to tell you where to enter it lol. Gen 2 it's under Tools->Equations; Gen 1, Commands->Analog Equations. Both have LC1 in AFR as presets or use the equation above, it worth getting used to Lambda.

Last edited:

Maxspeed04svt

Established Member
Maybe that's why it doesn't change , but the log was taken with the lc1 offset in the x4.

I tried logging through the laptop after posting but it wouldn't work ? Only works with just the x4

I'd work with excel just for a quick glance if I could figure it out

MickeyD

Established Member
With the latest version of LiveLink if you have the raw voltage signal you can apply an equation to it after the log is taken. Just open the log and right click on the list of PIDS and it will give a drop down option to 'Add New Quick Calculated Item' and it will allow the equation to be applied.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
With the latest version of LiveLink if you have the raw voltage signal you can apply an equation to it after the log is taken. Just open the log and right click on the list of PIDS and it will give a drop down option to 'Add New Quick Calculated Item' and it will allow the equation to be applied.

Good to know haven't messed too much with Gen 2 besides Histograms. That will save some time when I forget, thanks.

Maxspeed04svt

Established Member
So I set all an along equations under tools to the lc1 offset.

Still nothing, there's another location to enter the equations but it won't let me type ? Just has the keys and numbers on the right that you click . But there's no option for the letter V ?

What am I missing ?

MickeyD

Established Member
When using the 'Add New Quick Calculated Item' option you cannot type in the letter V for the voltage reading. You need to select from the item list your parameter that you want to use for the voltage, so lets say Analog in 7 - Red Wire, then you would start the equation in the lower box. For that you would then use the add option to the right of the Analog input you just selected, this will end up making the equation look like this:

(Analog In 7 - Red FireWire.ecm x 2)+10

and when its done name it and then hit the main add button. This will re-populate the log and now your top parameter would be the A/F reading. Hope this helps clear this up for you.

Last edited:

MickeyD

Established Member
Glad it works for you!

There are a few that use that equation (AEM, LM1 and PLX) but in LiveLink their equations tab has a lot of the other widebands. And if it isn't listed the manufacturer of the wideband should be able to give you theirs.

Maxspeed04svt

Established Member
They have the equation for the lc1 in the tool section , but it didn't work untill I added the 2x + 10 - I'll mess with it more to double check it and make sure it matches the gauge
thanks again for the help .

Users who are viewing this thread