Help with s-trim v-1 install

1fast97Cobra

Established Member
OK i was going to put a new motor in my car but things came up so. I want to put a s-trim on my stock motor. I only have bolt-ons right now. I have a 255 in-tank pump that is going in. Can i install the blower using the stock 24 pound injectors using a 8.1 FMU running 6-8 pounds of boost. I figure this is a safe amount of boost on the motor.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
Yes.
BUT get rid of the fmu,make sure you get a tune from a GOOD performance shop that knows what they are doing. Imo I would try to look for some larger injectors.

1fast97Cobra

Established Member
I have the 24lb disk style injectors if that matters. if i upgrade to 30lb injectors do i have to change MAF my x3 will tune the ecm for them.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
pick up a set of 42lb injectors and a lightening MAF or even better a SCT maf and u'll be set. both can be had here on the forums for dirt cheap.

crazycarlo

Established Member
im running a V-1 SC trim on 6-7lbs, 42lb injectors, aviator pump and stock MAF with a Mafia and Im making around 400rwhp and no problems. my advice would be ditch the FMU, u can get 42lb injectors for $199 and then get a good tune man.

Users who are viewing this thread