Help with running problem!!

04owmach

Established Member
Just picked up another fox on sat but it has a stumbling problem. If you give it more than 1/4 pedal of gas it just stumbles and falls flat on its face like it is out of fuel. the car has 70mm throttle body, some kind of aftermarket pump (had 38psi at idle), new fuel filter, exhaust, and some other suspension stuff. now on to the fun part. after looking at the injectors i saw two different part numbered injectors. a couple were a 9f593 (could not find a flow rating on them) and some were e67e-b4b (which are supposedly 14 lbers). i think i have narrowed it down to this but just want to make sure before i pop on a set of reman fords from ebay. any help is appreciated.

04owmach

Established Member
oh and i bought the car from a car lot for pretty cheap, but the previous owner was mexican and doesnt speak a lick of english and had to have a translator with him to trade the car in, so going back to that guy for info is probably useless.

04owmach

Established Member
stuck some reman injectors in the car and revs great with not load and runs a ton better but but you put a load on and go past 1/4 throttle and its like hitting a rev limiter... think tps? also im not sure if the coolant sensor is working. it has one in the pillar from the previous owner so the dash one never moves, i read that was another thing that could do this so i thought id throw it out there, check engine let never comes on....

04owmach

Established Member
plugs were good, has new cap rotor and wires all the good stuff not cheapies, new fuel filter, fuel pressure checks good, now instead of acting lean it is super rich, reaks of gas at idle and acts like its flooding out, i will post a video of me driving it in just a few minutes

04owmach

Established Member
th_2011-08-20_19-42-56_809.gif

dont mind the cheap tach... it was in there when i bought the car... but if you listen closely you can hear me get in it a little and then it acts like a two step and then when i back out of the throttle a little you can see me get put back in the seat and the motor clear out. this is all happening about 1/4 throttle

04owmach

Established Member
the maf had just a parts store reman sticker on it so unless the previous guy before me put a cobra one on it i doubt its set up for 24. it runs the best that it has today after i just put a tps on it but it still cuts out bad in first and second but third and up you can give it about half throttle in the lower rpms and will pull ok up till about 3000 rpms, think it could be the computer is all jacked up? im dying here haha i want to drive this thing like its supposed to be driven right now!!

04owmach

Established Member
nope... a friend back home might have one i could borrow but im just at a loss on this thing... it runs strong when you back out of the throttle so im pretty sure its nothing internal like a bent pushrod... but who knows... i hate to keep throwing money at this thing right now but i want to get it running right before i worry about starting a build on the car.. know what the name of that ford computer book is that tells you all about what each sensor does for the computer? i read about it on another forum but cant find it now.

04owmach

Established Member
yea fuel filter is new, and no msd box... i looked all over for one... if you only do 1/4 throttle though it will rev out just fine. i reved it out in 2nd gear to 4500 or so rpms earlier today just at 1/4 throttle though... think the maf could just be shot... it doesnt run any better with it plugged in or unplugged.

04owmach

Established Member
checked the tps voltage today.. at 2.0 volts it goes nuts... before and after that is nice and smooth... btw the tps is brand new and the throttle body moves smooth... so think i got a bad tps or i have a short somewhere else?

04owmach

Established Member
awesome found another problem!!! the computer code is 8kd which upon further investigation is an sd crown vic comp.... some people should not be allowed to work on cars!!!
:shrug:

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Check the maf. A bad maf on fox cars will make it fall hard on it's face like that.

BLKFOX

Established Member
nope... a friend back home might have one i could borrow but im just at a loss on this thing... it runs strong when you back out of the throttle so im pretty sure its nothing internal like a bent pushrod... but who knows... i hate to keep throwing money at this thing right now but i want to get it running right before i worry about starting a build on the car.. know what the name of that ford computer book is that tells you all about what each sensor does for the computer? i read about it on another forum but cant find it now.

Hey man...I talked to dad and we have another computer in the barn for you, he said he'll go find it this weekend so I'll let you know...you sure you just don't wanna buy the blue car?? :D

Users who are viewing this thread