Help with replacing o2 sensors on 97 Cobra...

mdisalvo85

Established Member
I'm trying to replace my front o2 sensors and so far I've only tried to get the drivers side one off with no luck. I have sprayed some PB penetrating oil on it and i still can't get it off. Any other tips? Part of my problem is I'm only working with the car up on some small ramps so I don't have a ton of room. I'm a little concerned about this too because the other one is even harder to get at and I wanted to replace it as well...

mdisalvo85

Established Member
Actually i got them both out, what I did was cut the wires and then slipped a box wrench around them to loosen them up. It was a tight squeeze but I managed to get them both replaced pretty quickly using this method.

mdisalvo85

Established Member
I forgot to mention, the only reason I had to cut the wires was because the connector piece wouldn't fit through the box wrench.

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
Sooo use the open end of a wrench... And a hammer to get the breaking power. You gotta have short/quick blows to knock them free. .Thats the easiest method I've come across.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I ground down the head of an open end wrench to fit. Takes a little muscle but works every time...

Users who are viewing this thread