Help with Predator Tuner.

5.0stang95

Established Member
I bought a 2003 cobra completely stock with 6,500 miles. The car came with this predator tuner the previous owner bought on eBay but said he could never get it to link to the car. I have no intentions of changing anything other than fan settings when I do the thermostat and maybe the idle RPM.

When I plug it in things look normal, displays my vin number I can go through the options on what to do. My question is the unit looks likes its from Johnny Lightening originally. I have no idea what the performance tune on it is. I dont want to install this for that reason and I would rather take it to a dyno shop when the time comes.

If i do a factory backup with that pull the tune out of my ecm and put it on the tuner therefore giving me something to play with for fan settings and small things? Or does that pull what ever factory tune that is on the programmer and put it on the car?

I dont want to risk anything with the factory tune it has now.

What should I do?
20160702_135306_zpssvteuh9m.jpg

hotcobra03

Established Member
I have 1..

Im running the performance tune on stock car.

Had got dynoed..seen 30hp and tq increase..

I use it more for changing small things..

And reading sensors and codes..

there was an update for these. ..dont do it..you will lose the option to change obd2 settings..

5.0stang95

Established Member
How do I know what the performance tune is? Having the johnny lightening sticker on it I dont know if its custom or what. I sent an email to him to see if he could help me..
Do you use yours with the computer? Would there be a way to see what the performance tune is without installing on car?

hotcobra03

Established Member
When you go into performance tune u can look and change settings without installing it.
1st view is where its set

There is also option to clear all setings to default ..

tuner will store stock tune when you install performance tune..

this is where its scary..you cant lose tuner..need that to go back

Users who are viewing this thread