Help with ported blower install

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
I got my blower back from BPS from being ported, cut, weld eden and polished and am in the middle of reinstalling it... I kept egr so should be simple plug back in stuff except Iam missing a vvacuumline to the blower.
this elbow pointing down was there before:
20141130_171903_zpsvmtpsn7a.jpg

And now it's not....
should they have put one in?
if now, how/ where do I run the line that connected to it before?
thanks

Last edited:

Live Faster

Need for SPEED!!!
Established Member
I'm looking at getting my blower ported as well...do you need to get your tune adjusted after its ported?? Thanks

carguy19

Established Member
I got my blower back from BPS from being ported, cut, weld eden and polished and am in the middle of reinstalling it... I kept egr so should be simple plug back in stuff except Iam missing a vvacuumline to the blower.
this elbow pointing down was there before:
20141130_171903_zpsvmtpsn7a.jpg

And now it's not....
should they have put one in?
if now, how/ where do I run the line that connected to it before?
thanks

Which vac line are you missing? Do you have the hose? It could have fell back behind the intake and not be visible with the blower in place.

If you show us what you are missing someone here can figure it out for you.

carguy19

Established Member
I'm looking at getting my blower ported as well...do you need to get your tune adjusted after its ported?? Thanks

If you are just doing a blower port, you dont have to retune. If you are changing other items like pulley, headers, h pipe, etc. You will have to retune.

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
Which vac line are you missing? Do you have the hose? It could have fell back behind the intake and not be visible with the blower in place.

If you show us what you are missing someone here can figure it out for you.

Its the one shown in the image... Talked with BPS and they said they usually dont use them... and said to plug the line.
I'm going to plug the line tonight but install the drop down when it comes in

devilish64

Established Member
had my blower ported and that 90 degree line out the back was epoxyed back where it originally was before the case was cut/welded(not done by BPS). hmmmmmmm i would like to be able to re attach all connections that were connected BEFORE the port if I were you but maybe im just being anal. Im sure ford had it there for a pretty good reason....

BilletProShop

Established Member
had my blower ported and that 90 degree line out the back was epoxyed back where it originally was before the case was cut/welded(not done by BPS). hmmmmmmm i would like to be able to re attach all connections that were connected BEFORE the port if I were you but maybe im just being anal. Im sure ford had it there for a pretty good reason....

We remove it to utilize all of the created boost. With catch cans it is not necessary to have as its sole purpose is to pick up oil fume deposits at the bottom of the lower intake to pass through the blower again.

Posted via Topify on Android

Live Faster

Need for SPEED!!!
Established Member
We remove it to utilize all of the created boost. With catch cans it is not necessary to have as its sole purpose is to pick up oil fume deposits at the bottom of the lower intake to pass through the blower again.

Posted via Topify on Android

Good to know...I'll be shipping mine to you tom.

Users who are viewing this thread