Help with part in EGR system

DonMTV

Established Member
Hi Everyone,
I am having big time issues with my stock 03 Cobra with popping hoses from my EGR Tube. I just took a picture of the part I need to know what it is. It has what I believe are two hoses from the EGR tube.

36826281_10157897122452293_99006336271908864_n.jpg

I just broke one of the nipples, so I need to replace this part, but have no idea what it is.

I had a vacuum leak that I found on the elbows that connect the EGR and PCV to the drivers valve cover. I replaced with hoses from Autozone and Advanced Auto and still had issues, so I bought the Ford piece off of eBay that was the full T of hoses that run from EGR to PCV and the T and hose that runs down to the lower intake. I replaced everything, but the lower hose. I just attached the hose to the new T. I haven't had time to remove the blower.

The car runs, but still chugs from time to time, and that is when I think I pop the hoses from the EGR tube. The weird part is that after about 5 to 10 minutes of driving with the hesitation, it will run fine with zero issues.

I believe it is that lower hose that is causing all of the trouble, so I will be taking time out to take the blower off. I just need to replace that circled part now.

Thank you,
Don

Last edited:

DonMTV

Established Member
Ok, figured out that it is the DPFE sensor and I can get it locally. There is the Reference side, and the Hi side. What hoses attach at those points. I am guessing that they both come from the EGR tube. So if they do, which nipple and hose go to each point. One is closer to the header, and the other is further up and closer to the EGR sensor. Any help would be great.

hotcobra03

Established Member
jb weld works..

I have clamps on these hoses now,

had issues also..

I had just replaced this sensor recently,I went to bone yard..
got sensor with hoses and some other small items..

Dimitri318

Established Member
Edited post: i thought I had one but one of the nipples was broken on mine too, sorry brotha

Last edited:

DonMTV

Established Member
Replaced the DPFE sensor and put the hoses back on. Car still chugs, and blew the hose again. Is there a way to figure out the issue based on which hose blew off? Would EGR cause the chugging, and rough running? The car smooths out after it hits the middle of the temp gauge. Could the cats be getting hot enough to not be clogged? I can't figure this stuff out. I am going to take the cable off the battery to clear the codes and see what is going on. Any help would be great.

hotcobra03

Established Member
did you clamp the hose?

I would think the hose has softened over time..and doesn't hold.

the post are smooth..no barb

DonMTV

Established Member
It isn't popping of of the DPFE sensor, trying to get a clamp on the hose at the EGR tube is next to impossible. Although I could go get some super wide/long zip ties, and snug it up before I push it on the EGR tube nipple, and then pull it with pliers. Still not sure as to why it pops off. Has to be EGR related. If the cats were plugged up I believe I would have noticed some type of power loss.

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
It isn't popping of of the DPFE sensor, trying to get a clamp on the hose at the EGR tube is next to impossible. Although I could go get some super wide/long zip ties, and snug it up before I push it on the EGR tube nipple, and then pull it with pliers. Still not sure as to why it pops off. Has to be EGR related. If the cats were plugged up I believe I would have noticed some type of power loss.
could just be worn hose.

I had turned mine around..

I found it was best just to pull tube.

it's just to tight

Users who are viewing this thread