help with o2 sensor codes

kveazy

Established Member
my car has been throwing a bank 2 snsor 1 code and a system to rich code. the people at advance told me bank 2 is passenger side but a lot of people online say driver side so i replaced the dirver side and the same codes came back. Ima switch the left and right sensors tonight and see if the same codes come back of if bank 1 codes come up. It started throwing codes the day i got it back from a shop that pulled the trans and replaced the clutch so i was wondering if theres a chance they accidently pinched a wire or cut one. When im accelerting gently it feels like there is a miss and going at a constant speed it runs pretty rough but if i step on the gas harder it runs great. if i clear the codes it runs perfect for about 25 miles and then the code comes back and it runs crappy. im getting sick of the codes so any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated, also im getting TERRIBLE gas mileage

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
Did you check if its plug in? The bank 1 would be the one that maybe pinched. If you like i can put it up on the lift and check.

kveazy

Established Member
i swapped the left and right sensors and the code came back as bank 2 still. i looked at the wires and had a couple mechanics look and they said it all looks fine and everything is plugged in. Are there other problems that could cause those codes to come up?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
i swapped the left and right sensors and the code came back as bank 2 still. i looked at the wires and had a couple mechanics look and they said it all looks fine and everything is plugged in. Are there other problems that could cause those codes to come up?

Injector issue, spark issue.
Something is causing it to run rich.

kveazy

Established Member
already replaced spark plugs and all coil packs are good. i thought about an injector but i figured if it was that, the engine would run rough even after i cleared the codes. how do u check fuel injectors?

Users who are viewing this thread