Help with my home receiver

convert03cobra

Established Member
I have a JVC RX7000-V receiver I bought years ago. The thing has worked great until a few days ago when the volume got stuck at one volume when I turned it on. If I turn the volume knob or volume on the remote, it does nothing until I get to 0 then it turns off. If I turn it to 1 or higher, it just goes back to the same loud volume (volume number 1-70+ still have same level of volume). I tried unplugging it for a while as well as playing with the setting from cd, tv, dvd, etc. Same difference on all. Anybody ever seen this happen on a receiver where the volume just gets stuck at one level?

SnakeStang96

SVT Crazy
Established Member
Never seen it but I'm sure it happens. How old is the receiver? You might want to upgrade or buy another. I just upgraded to a Denon 7.2. My other one is less than a year old its a Sony 5.1 DG-500 i think. I will let it go dirt cheap and you can either pick it up or I could ship it to you.

convert03cobra

Established Member
Never seen it but I'm sure it happens. How old is the receiver? You might want to upgrade or buy another. I just upgraded to a Denon 7.2. My other one is less than a year old its a Sony 5.1 DG-500 i think. I will let it go dirt cheap and you can either pick it up or I could ship it to you.

I have a spare one and got that one up and running. Its just weird that it happened all of a sudden. I guess I can't complain too much since I had the thing for like 9 years now...lol PM me a price on what you want for your old receiver. The one I have hooked up now isn't all that great.

Users who are viewing this thread