Help with my dyno run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lookinfor cobra

Established Member
Just had a three dyno pulls and the best I got was 258 hp WTF!!!!!! Ive got magnaflow x pipe and catback also accufab t/b w/ t-56 trans and alm. flywheel w/ lightened clutch 4.56 gears and bbk cold air intake do those nubers seem low? also could someone post or take a look at my sheet? there is no jump @ 3200 rpm should there be? I really need help please ....also my best time in the 1/4 mi is 14.02 @ 103 with a 2.4 60 ft ? HELP PLEASE.......

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I don't see the problem? From what I've seen, that's normal, maybe even on the high side for what you have in modifications.

As far as your 1/4 time, you're 60 foot time is killing you.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Can you post up your dyno sheet?? My stock dyno was 260rwhp and will be getting it Dyno'd again the 11th. With the mods you have you SHOULD be in the 270rwhp range.

You 1/4 mile time is really high, and I agree with Tabres....your 60ft. is killing you. Try launching better...if you're on street tires launch about 2K, Drag Radials launch about 4K. Adjust if you need to. Good luck man...hope this helps.

lookinfor cobra

Established Member
thanks everyone !!! yes casper it seems low and Ill send you my dyno sheet could you post it ? and I know my 60 foot sucks.... but I dont think my 4.56 are robbing power if any thing it is the t-56 (one more gear to turn inside trasmission ) the place I had it dynoed said for 550.00 he would tune it but he said to wait untill I get my headers , pullies, imrc delete, and ported intake done do you guys think I could get over 300 rwhp with all these mods ? he said it was running rich and had very little timing in the motor... I dont know about that?.....

Last edited:

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
lookinfor cobra said:
yes casper it seems low and Ill send you my dyno sheet could you post it

the 4.56 & T-56 combo could be your problem. How bad do you spin off the line, what tires are you running at the track and what do you launch at??? Also, what gear/RPM are you crossing the 1/4 mark??

Personally I think $550 is a LOT for just a tune, but hey..that's just me. I've never priced a tune, but just sounds high. I think with the mods you have now plus the mods you will put on later will get you near the 300rwhp mark. Get a timing adjuster as well(Use Steeda pullies and timing adjuster). Good luck man. Send the dyno sheet to [email protected] and I'll post it up for everyone to see.

lookinfor cobra

Established Member
Im not really worried about the whole 1/4 mile thing as much as I am with the low numbers! yes the car spins off the line and runs great the rest of the way I go through the traps in 4th gear @ 6000 rpm @ 104-105 mph are headers a pita to put on? and I bought shrorties because of smog laws in cali...

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
lookinfor cobra said:
Im not really worried about the whole 1/4 mile thing as much as I am with the low numbers! yes the car spins off the line and runs great the rest of the way I go through the traps in 4th gear @ 6000 rpm @ 104-105 mph are headers a pita to put on? and I bought shrorties because of smog laws in cali...

When I did my 13.295 I went through at 106mph, so you know that you have the potential...just the launch is killing you. And YES...headers are a PITA to put on unless you drop the K-member.

Here's the Dyno:

img011.jpg

I don't know what kind of dyno the shop is using, but some dynos read lower than others. :shrug:

lookinfor cobra

Established Member
do those runs look equal or what ? are my imrc opening? It was on a mustang dyno in 4th gear...and I plan on putting a tubular k-member in soon so I should do the headers then? when I did have a desent launch 2.0 60 ft? the mph was low like 100.4 why thanks mike.....

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
4.56's arent robbing you of power, they are just robbing you of numbers on the dyno, was the dyno a dynojet? but i have seen some low numbers on 96 cobra's before, the same day i layed down 288, i saw a 96 put down 276 and he had more bolt ons than i got now, in fact i think he had every bolt on you could get, and i just had off road h, magnapacks, underdrives and drop in k&n, did you get a/f with the dyno? headers arent that bad, ive done both shorties and longtubes on my car and the longtubes were easier, i did them both without dropping the k member

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
damn you were quicker than me, but i see it was a mustang dyno, mustang dyno's usually dyno lower numbers than the dynojet, someone on here probably has the formula or whatever to get sae numbers from the mustang dyno numbers, if hissman's around he might know

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
lookinfor cobra said:
Cobracali no a/f but was rich and said there was no timing in the motor? als I was going to change the k-member to upr or d & d any suggestions? thanks mike....

maximum motorsports :thumbsup: I don't know enough to tell you what to do about the no timing. Sorry man. :(

tyrantwhtcobra

well that cool guys, wish i can dyno my car. well for the guy who started asking about the car dying down cuz of the rpm well check the air control valve maybe its disconnected or need a new one. and for the guy who is running 14.0 you might need check your intake. i dotn know if 98 came with them but the imrc make sure its opening the other valves that when it kicks in at 3000 rpm let me know laterz

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
when were you at force fed today? i swung by at like 530 to check it out. That tune is with a chip, tune and something else too. Kieth pays attetion to detail, he did 10 pulls with my friends 04 before he was satisfied with the tune. u sure its a mustang dyno? i didnt think it was.

lookinfor cobra

Established Member
I was there @ 900-200pm yea kieth seams ok is that shop a f body shop or oes he do mustangs also ? maybe not a mustang dyno what kind was it? casper maximum motorsports is the sh*t but cant afford that level yet!!! just starting to run o/t and autocrossing ......... so does my dyno look ok except for it being too low?

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
lookinfor cobra said:
so does my dyno look ok except for it being too low?

yes the dyno looks good.....good clean rise. You should see one of mine...at 3200RPM there's a HUGE dip in the curve when the IMRCs opened up. I'm getting it dyno'd this weekend and may have to clean those IMRCs before the dyno. :(

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
im pretty sure its a dynojet. as for the shop, its a domestic shop.......Ford, Chevy, Pontiac. Kieth is very knowledgable about all of them. a friend of mine just had 2500 worth of suspention work done there and got a new pully and tune for his 04 cobra. its where my car will be going for stuff i cant do myslef.

Users who are viewing this thread