help with my contourROAM camera?

Andrewmach1

Established Member
I bought a contourROAM camera, used, and it came with a low class 2gig sd card. could only record in 720p and the quality after transfering it to pc then to youtube wasnt that great, but it recorded normally and as expected. so i went out and bought a 16gig class 10 sd card, a SanDisk Ultra something or other, so i could record in 1080p for alot longer and have the good quality from the class 10 card.

ive recorded 2 videos since i got the card. the first was the ride home from Best Buy. when i imported the video to the computer it was recorded at half speed (or less) but the sound still recorded at normal speed, so it was all messed up. Then i realized i hadnt formatted the SD card in the contour camera. So i did that, and figured everything was ok.

second video i recorded was a really nice long cruise through the state park, lots of hills, drops, and twisties. really fun and wouldve been a great video. except that this video also recorded at half speed... So the formatting wasnt the issue appearantly. BUT just to be sure, i reformatted the card, following exact instructions from the manual. and tried another short video around the house, yet again half speed. I dont know what to do now.

Anyone have any ideas?

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Have you tried recording at any other resolutions/FPS with the new SD card?

Also, does the camera have a recommended size for the SD card?

Andrewmach1

Established Member
Have you tried recording at any other resolutions/FPS with the new SD card?

Also, does the camera have a recommended size for the SD card?

I have not tried different res yet, didnt even think of it, because i really only want to ever use 1080p at the highest fps. but ill give it a shot to see what happens.

as for the SD card, it worked with a 2gig before so i cant imagine thats the problem. but who knows.

this is all it requires says the manual:

+ microSD CARD
[FONT=DINOT,DINOT][FONT=DINOT,DINOT]You will need to purchase a microSD storage card. The ContourROAM is compatible with:
[/FONT]
[/FONT]- [FONT=DINOT,DINOT][FONT=DINOT,DINOT]SDSC (standard capacity) microSD Cards up to a capacity of 2GB.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]- [FONT=DINOT,DINOT][FONT=DINOT,DINOT]SDHC (high capacity) class 4, 6, or 10 microSD Cards up to a maximum capacity of 32GB. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=DINOT,DINOT][FONT=DINOT,DINOT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread