Help with head and tail lamps!!!

Bowlegz

Established Member
Guys, My truck's headlamps, tail lamps, and side markers are starting to hold moisture on the inside, they look fogged up!! Any suggestions, or should I just replace them with new ones.

203Cree

Established Member
You could replace them, or you could pull them apart and dry/clean them out. Are you SURE it's moisture and not the UV coating getting cloudy?

203Cree

Established Member
Check out the "How To" section. There's a thread in there on how to paint your stock tailights. I'm pretty sure you can pull the corners apart the same way. OR, if you don't have them already, now would be the perfect time to upgrade to clear corners.... :)

As for the headlights, if they're cloudy just restore them. Use some Mothers Aluminum Polish and some elbow grease. Just dab the rag in the polish and start buffing. There's a UV coating on the lights that over time will yellow/cloud up from exposure to the sun. The polish will strip that coating off. There's a small trade off in doing this..... your lights will look great, but the next time they cloud up, you'll have to replace em. That could be years from now tho, so if you're wanting to save some cash, it's a quick, simple fix for the time being.

Hope that helps...

Rob

SN22

Established Member
Thats what you get when you're living below sea level! When i was living in New Orleans my headlights would fog up a lot too. I would drill some small holes in them like someone already said or they will keep getting moisture in them...

Users who are viewing this thread