Help with film on paint!!

wcjr

Established Member
I have a film that has developed on my sideskirt and rear bumper.
I have tried to claybar it to remove with no success as well as scrub with a degreaser.

Here are some pictures showing the issue. It is also on the fender liner. I cannot for the life of me figure out what caused it.

2011-03-02175844.jpg

2011-03-02175849.jpg

2011-03-02175857.jpg

Any tips on what to use to remove this?

Thanks

wcjr

Established Member
took the pics with my phone...Its a white film. I dont really know how else to describe it.

wcjr

Established Member
travel over any recently painted traffic lines? Looks like road paint... Wetsanding is an option

No its not paint, Its more clear than that. I know thats the problem.

Tonight when I get in I am going to try some meguiars scratch x and scrub and then follow up with meguiars carnauba cleaner wax. Hopefully that will take care of the issue. I washed the car last week and didnt notice it. But I washed it yesterday and noticed it after the car was dry.

wcjr

Established Member
Another strange thing is that it only shows up when bright sunshine is hitting it. Any other time it disappears.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
its prob just the paint eroding away from driving, and the under coats/plastic whatever is showing through.

under heavy lights i see a lot of bunch of small chips too in those areas(behind wheels) just what happens. If you repaint, put clear bra there.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Hard to tell from the pics, but when they stripe roads, they put down very small reflective pellets in the paint. Just a thought when you said it only shows in certain light.

wcjr

Established Member
its not paint...but still having issues removing it.

I guess I am going to have to take it to the body shop to see what they can do.

wcjr

Established Member
Forgot to update this.....issue was resolved with meg scratchx and some elbow grease.

Users who are viewing this thread