help with DCT p2195

5PNTSLO

Established Member
Just came on when I went to grab lunch, I cleared the code 4 times and it would come right back as soon as I pulled off.

Mods are :
JLT intake
OR xpipe
Magnaflow catback
JLT catch cans
Sct tune

Last mod done was the catch cans (3/18/13) and the car was perfect the last time I drove it (week ago)

djniknala

Established Member
Take it to Ford. I got this and my oxygen sensor was bad. I would put the stock intake and reflash to stock to avoid the headache and argument that they cause this condition.

Year: 2011
Model: Mustang
TSB: 11-7-2

TSB
11-7-2
5.0L - MIL ON - DTC P2195, P2197, P2626 OR P2629 - BUILT ON OR AFTER 8/17/2010
Publication Date: July 1, 2011

FORD:
2011 Mustang
ISSUE:
Some 2011 Mustang vehicles equipped with a 5.0L engine and built on or after 8/17/2010 may exhibit a malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) on with diagnostic trouble codes DTCs P2195, P2197, P2626 or P2629 stored in the powertrain control module (PCM) memory.
ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
SERVICE PROCEDURE
Using IDS, check for DTC P2195, P2197, P2626 or P2629.
If more than one DTC listed above is retrieved, discontinue with this article and perform normal diagnostics. Refer to the Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis manual.
If only one of the DTCs listed above is present, proceed to Step 2.
Replace the heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) corresponding to the DTC retrieved. Refer to Workshop Manual, Section 303-14.
Reprogram the PCM to the latest calibration using IDS release 73.04 or later. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2011.5 DVD. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.
NOTE:pLEASE ADVISE THE CUSTOMER THAT THIS VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH AN ADAPTIVE TRANSMISSION SHIFT STRATEGY WHICH ALLOWS THE VEHICLE'S COMPUTER TO LEARN THE TRANSMISSION'S UNIQUE PARAMETERS AND IMPROVE SHIFT QUALITY. WHEN THE ADAPTIVE STRATEGY IS RESET, THE COMPUTER WILL BEGIN A RE-LEARNING PROCESS. THIS RE-LEARNING PROCESS MAY RESULT IN FIRMER THAN NORMAL UPSHIFTS AND DOWNSHIFTS FOR SEVERAL DAYS.

PART NUMBERPART NAME
8F9Z-9F472-DUEGO Sensor
WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
OPERATIONDESCRIPTIONTIME
110702A2011 Mustang 5.0L: Replace The Right HO2S, Includes Time To Check DTCs And Reprogram The PCM (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)1.2 Hrs.
110702B2011 Mustang 5.0L: Replace The Left HO2S, Includes Time To Check DTCs And Reprogram The PCM (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)0.8 Hr.
DEALER CODING
BASIC PART NO.CONDITION CODE
9F47242

5PNTSLO

Established Member
Thanks a lot man, guess I have to take it in and see what's up. I don't have the stock H pipe so I will have to keep the tune on it

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I had the something happen to my car while running it out of E85. Took it to ford and the sensor was replaced under warranty.

CshiznitzJ

Established Member
I had several o2 sensors fail while running E85 and long tubes that resulted in p2195. Last time it failed on bank 2, it through a misfire code and then stuck lean code.

Mikegee1028

Established Member
Funny enough I just got this code too lol

P2195
P2626

Also check your spark plugs my passengers side plugs are a bit darker on that side

5PNTSLO

Established Member
Thanks for the help guys I guess I will take it in next week and see what they say. Probably explains the random codes for o2 imbalance it was throwing a moth ago

Deranged2013

Established Member
I just ordered a passenger side O2 from Tousley Ford. It was around $56 plus shipping. I'm sure the dealer will charge you full price for parts and labor so try changing it out yourself and save yourself the time and money. Probably won't be covered under the warranty.

Deranged2013

Established Member
It probably will be covered. Material defects are covered like the TSB.

I hope it is covered, for the OP's sake. Guess it depends on the dealership and the service manager. With long tube headers and no cats, I figured my O2 replacement wouldn't be covered.

Users who are viewing this thread