help with data logging

JBN

Le Chupacobra
Established Member
Im trying to datalog my '07 with an x3/sf3 I purchased from American muscle. I cant seem to get my laptop to communicate with the programmer to datalog. It says "no device detected" in the lower right corner of the livelink screen. I have all the current downloads and such. no matter which way I try, I cant seem to get the device to communicate with the computer or vice versa. My laptop is running windows 8. Anything im missing here? any help is always appreciated. Tried calling American muscle and bama but I guess they closed early today.

Thanks,

Jay

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
Im trying to datalog my '07 with an x3/sf3 I purchased from American muscle. I cant seem to get my laptop to communicate with the programmer to datalog. It says "no device detected" in the lower right corner of the livelink screen. I have all the current downloads and such. no matter which way I try, I cant seem to get the device to communicate with the computer or vice versa. My laptop is running windows 8. Anything im missing here? any help is always appreciated. Tried calling American muscle and bama but I guess they closed early today.

Thanks,

Jay

Is the device plugged into the car and is the car key in the ON position? It will fail until that happens. Best to start the car then to try and start datalog. Hopefully its something simple like that. If not then it might be the device isnt working properly.

JBN

Le Chupacobra
Established Member
Is the device plugged into the car and is the car key in the ON position? It will fail until that happens. Best to start the car then to try and start datalog. Hopefully its something simple like that. If not then it might be the device isnt working properly.

I haven't made it that far yet. I cant even get the laptop to communicate with the device not hooked up to the car. If I were trying to upload a tune to the device I wouldn't be able to. I have had problems in the past with windows vista recognizing sct's stuff, this kinda seems like a similar issue. is anyone using the new windows 8 with the programmer and successfully able to datalog or load tunes?

sharke

Established Member
I had to get on the online chat with SCT directly to resolve the issues with my tuner. The downside is the wait is substantial. The upside is that they can take over your computer and get you set up really quickly if you let them do it.

sedanman

Established Member
Do the online help, they told me that it's a driver issue, they link into your computer and can fix it in under 5 minutes.

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
I have had trouble with this before. Tried loading it up on my sons laptop cause it was already on. But wouldn't work. Loaded it up on my laptop and worked. I don't get it either but try another computer

JBN

Le Chupacobra
Established Member
I am not sure if win8 specific drivers are needed or not. I run XP on my laptop.

But this link might help out, if you know how to get to Device Manager

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-2014-mustangs-354/930189-sct-drivers-windows-8-a.html

Thank you for the link, all is well and everything is now working properly. :beer:

Updating the drivers fixed the issue :banana:

Thanks also to everyone else for the help, its greatly appreciated!

Off to do some datalogging and get'er tuned up! :rockon:

red gt500

Established Member
with the windows 8 you need to to install the driver manually
go to computer.. properties .. device manger ..locate the sct icon click on it
that's if you want to data loge with livelink

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread