Help with coilovers

kitsune1324

Established Member
Hey guys,

I recently purchased a set of BC Racing rear coilovers for my 2000 v6 mustang. I need to get a set for the front but I was wondering if there would be any issues with running two different brand coilovers in the front and rear. Unfortunately BC Racing coilovers only come in complete sets when you order them online.

Thanks!

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Nothing technically wrong with it, but you want to check spring rates and compare how they are valved. A complete set is usually a good bet for most people as the front and rear will be well matched for every day driving. A mismatched set could lead to a sub par driving experience.

kitsune1324

Established Member
I'm on a tight budget so I'll just check the rates and valves like you mentioned. The only issue is I don't know how to do that..would you explain?

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
I'm on a tight budget so I'll just check the rates and valves like you mentioned. The only issue is I don't know how to do that..would you explain?

The specs for the BC coilovers should be listed on their site, or wherever they sell them.

kitsune1324

Established Member
Okay, well this is all still confusing for me..but on their site they said "The off the shelf spring specs on the BC Racing BR Series E-10-BR 94-04 Mustang SN95 are 8.6" 448 lbf front and 7" 280 lbf rear. .......In the rear the E-10-BR kit uses a variable diameter spring which limits the ability to swap to different spring rates and lengths."

How do I interpret this and how would I compare this to another style kit? I found someone who is selling strange struts with UPR Pro series coilover kit (without springs). If I purchase the kit, what prings would I need to get in order to match the rear?

Thanks!

kitsune1324

Established Member
In case anyone needs the info, I was talking with a guy on Corral and he said that the spring that would match the BC Racing rear coilovers is 14" 175lb.

Users who are viewing this thread