help with coil over setup

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member
im wanting to go with coil overs. whats the best thing to go with. i was going to do strange 10 ways all around the car but from what i understand i cant use them in a sleeve coil over setup. my question is what is the best to go with for roll racing and diggs on the street and still can be adjustable for the track? car is not a daily driver. if at all possible i want to have fully adjustable shocks. its going on a 97 cobra.

Rudders331cobra

Established Member
I have a full Griggs on my car. Does its job! Full adjustability on street and I can take it to raid race track if I wanted to.

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member
Front ans back? I heared that ups sleeves are junk. I was thinking of doing coil overs in fron with a good spring and shock in back. I really wana hook up on the street. And before anyone says anything, yes i got stickies on the back end. ;-)

pacific4v

Established Member
Front ans back? I heared that ups sleeves are junk. I was thinking of doing coil overs in fron with a good spring and shock in back. I really wana hook up on the street. And before anyone says anything, yes i got stickies on the back end. ;-)

I've heard they were junky from some ppl and some ppl are running them on cars running 9s. I have a buddy running the fronts on his outlaw car and his brother is running them on his 800rwhp fox. I wouldn't be afraid to run the fronts. But unless your custom mounting the rears or just want height adjustability I've read there's no benefit in mounting them in the stock raer shock location. I've heard ur best for the rear is some well worn in fox v8 springs with a coil cut out and a good shock.

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member
ill probally end up with the fox spring. and a strange 10 way. save some money that way. i just wonder if it would hurt to cut more than a coil?

Users who are viewing this thread