Help with Cobra Info ... the sooner the better

93SVTvenom

Established Member
I found a super clean 93 Cobra and I seriously considering buy it. If you know how to locate the build number, authenticy (8th digit is D in the vin#), or maybe even know the previous owner please let me know. PM if interested an I could shoot you the vin#. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

93SVTvenom

Established Member
I wish I could ... I am overseas at the moment and cannot access this from here. I think the IP address is blocked

93SVTvenom

Established Member
I got in but it wasn't registered there. Carfax shows clean one owner ... VIN checked out too through Carfax ... Don't know where else to look but I want to make sure everything is good too go before I drop some serious coin.

WillyB93

Established Member
Probably has been off the grid so no one knows about the car, the list isn't 100% current. Adding new ones everyday once they are located, up for sale and etc. I'd say with what you have done already you can't go wrong, what's the color/interior combo?

93SVTvenom

Established Member
Color is clear coat red with black cloth interior. Car has no sunroof which is a plus for me = )

93SVTvenom

Established Member
Wish it was local to my family but it isn't so I am trying to take a careful approach even though it seems like a really nice car. I am waiting for more info from the dealership so I can make a more educated guess.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Hello!

I used to be stationed in Japan with the Air Force and remember the troubles of being on the other side of the world... Send me the link in a pm and I'll look it over for ya. Not to worry... I am not in the market.

WillyB93

Established Member
Wish it was local to my family but it isn't so I am trying to take a careful approach even though it seems like a really nice car. I am waiting for more info from the dealership so I can make a more educated guess.
\

Do you have any photos of the car? If not get a picture of the DS door tag, Vin and any pictures of paperwork PM me or Goose and we can bounce it off the 1993 forum to get you information you may need.

93SVTvenom

Established Member
Thanks ... Been PMing Goose. Great guy. I should hear back from the dealer Tuesday stateside time. As soon as I get the info I will PM him with what I have received. I appreciate all the support.

Thank you

93SVTvenom

Established Member
\

Do you have any photos of the car? If not get a picture of the DS door tag, Vin and any pictures of paperwork PM me or Goose and we can bounce it off the 1993 forum to get you information you may need.

Thanks for the help guys ... I bought the car and it should be shipping in the next few days. It was a LONG search for sure; but Goose helped me out with a lot of info while I was waiting on the dealer to clarify some of the details. Glad to be in the SVT family!

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member

New owner is unable to post pictures right now, but here are a few:

11757e9f83fd2034e08b41ae366f26a1_zpsfda13645.gif

43570bec94527e3d1ccbaa9b48e54383_zps1422505a.gif

1b30c878350b535ff4c5d0ba61857777_zps8cf08637.gif

5efebc21853e85d51c51407f08667d70_zps8f71252e.gif

Medellin

Established Member
Stock to the bone and looks like it rolled off the showroom floor. You sir, have a nice ride. Congrats. :) What are the miles on the OD btw?

93SVTvenom

Established Member
It has 32K original miles. Thank you for the compliment. I am going to try and do my best to keep it as clean as possible with tasteful mods along the way. Everything stock is going to be saved just in case I ever want it to be put back to original. Cant wait to see it in person!!!

WillyB93

Established Member
It has 32K original miles. Thank you for the compliment. I am going to try and do my best to keep it as clean as possible with tasteful mods along the way. Everything stock is going to be saved just in case I ever want it to be put back to original. Cant wait to see it in person!!!

Glad you got everything worked out on the car, now you'll have to join the 1993.com forum also.

93SVTvenom

Established Member
Thanks to all. Yes ... I was going to hold out until I got back to the states but I just couldn't stop thinking about this one. I really wanted a higher mileage one but their exteriors were also showing the mileage. I don't want to paint and worry about losing any more vin tags (one appears to be missing now). It wont be stock for long ... but before purist eat into me about modding it I will be saving everything that comes off the car (I mean EVERYTHING) down to the bolts. Everything going on is bolt on except for some subframe connectors. I am hoping to go with kind of what Ctozzi did on his Cobra but I am doing some suspension work and other items so I can actually take the car to some SVT track days and show the car as well.

I will register on 1993Cobra.com but will have to wait till I get back stateside as it keeps blocking the IP address here ..

On a side note ... what are you all doing for your insurance? I have full coverage but really want something significantly better than just "Book" value. Any inputs on that would be GREAT!

WillyB93

Established Member
On a side note ... what are you all doing for your insurance? I have full coverage but really want something significantly better than just "Book" value. Any inputs on that would be GREAT!
I insure mine with an agreed value policy, written by state farm.

Users who are viewing this thread