Help with cobra fans

t-man

Established Member
Hey guys my buddy has a 2003 cobra and fans aren't kicking on ,. If u put a 180- 190 thermostat (not sure which one he just put in) would that make fans not kicking on cause of temp sensors being thrown off ??? I will check fuses when I go there this weekend first . Let me know what u guys have found or what to test and how. Thanks Svt brothers

MG0h3

Established Member
If the problem occurred after the tstat install I would suspect either something got unplugged/wire broke or there is air in the system and coolant temp isnt being seen by the pcm.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Is there more you forgot to tell..

you said your friend changed tstat..

you asked about fan coming on..

I assume.

your friend overheated. .change tstat

and car still overheats..

Now you were called to help

Huff-n-puff

Established Member
Simple way to check fan operation with the car running turn the AC on. Fan should be on with AC as stated above. I'm new to the '03 world and not sure what controls the fan but have had multiple failures on 2 different SN95's with the CCRM (constant control relay module) located in the passenger fender well. If fans are not on with the AC I would check for power and ground at the fan connector.

jedeyeben

Established Member
Fan should come on with ac.

these fans are common to break on the ring stopping fan from spinning..

I just went through this same issue last night... Changed AC clutch thinking that was the problem and once I started it back up realized it was the fan ring. Cracked and was dragging enough to blow the fuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread