Help with Clutch replacement

Flooznie

Nuclear Reactor Operator
Established Member
Well, my buddy's 2003 Cobra's clutch was NOT covered by the warranty at Ford, and they want 1435 dollars to repair it. They want to replace the clutch disc, pressure plate and flywheel (685 dollars and charge 760 dollars for labor). So what he did, was buy the clutch disc and the pressure plate from the dealer (330 dollars), and he plans to take the car to the auto hobby shop and do it himself. Next question, how do you change the clutch out of a 2003 Cobra? Can anyone post a procedure, and things you should watch out for, precautions, etc etc. Sorry but the search button has been down for 4 days and this is getting pretty silly trying to look things up. Any help would be appreciated.

I know some people are gonna answer "well, you shouldn't try this if you don't know how". But, the point is, my friend does not want to spend 760 dollars just to pay for someone else's labor, and by a flywheel that probably isn't bad. Besides, it will be a good learning experience.

Flooznie

Last edited:

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
might look on the corral.net, but it should be pretty straight forward, especially if he has access to a lift. Not sure on the clutch setup, but pull driveline, shifter, bellhousing bolts ect. trans. mount. The corral might even have a tech. writeup on the subject so you don't have to post in the term. forum.

Users who are viewing this thread