help with clutch decision

goldenhp

Established Member
I have a 96 gt with a mark 8 motor that i have put a 11' clutch in it. I wanted to get some info on a clucth to put in it. the car has a 3650 tranny from a cobra but it aint really all that better than a t45. I have heard that spec clucths are really hard on pressure feel but it will grip. now on this car i have twin turbo so i know its making over 500+ at wheels at 13 psi. Im trying to make the tranny last as long as i can till i get a six speed in it. so do anyone have suggestions on a clutch that i can grow with but i have some what good streetabililties, I dont wanna go to twin disc not ballin like that. I can deal with a on off jus not a hard as pedal. I was thinkin spec stage 3 or 3+, a zoom zxt so whats my options thanks.

Chuckie B

Established Member
I'm in your same shoes...i have a stock clutch and just put my KB on about a month ago and every once n awile it doesnt want to grab in 2nd or 3rd gear..so i'm looking into a new clutch also..some pople say it's hit or miss with spec?...id feel like spending all the money & not being happy but with 433tq. i need sumthing new.

Users who are viewing this thread