Help with Clearkote wax

eaglesnick

Established Member
I just got my order of clearkote and I was wondering does putting additional coats of wax help the the finish and look, or am I just wasting time and wax? :shrug:

paulk

Established Member
is waxing a car at 40 degree tempeture a good idea? just wondering, thinking of doing it shortly

Scott P

Established Member
Carnauba Moose Wax really can't be layered. A second coat does have some benefits. It will even out the wax and cover areas you may have missed with the first coat. It's not required, but it does make a little bit of difference.

Also, 40 degrees is a bit low to wax a car. I preer tempos in the mid to upper fifties. You'll get better bonding and curing with warmer temps.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Scott P said:
Carnauba Moose Wax really can't be layered. A second coat does have some benefits. It will even out the wax and cover areas you may have missed with the first coat. It's not required, but it does make a little bit of difference.

Also, 40 degrees is a bit low to wax a car. I preer tempos in the mid to upper fifties. You'll get better bonding and curing with warmer temps.
Thanks for the pointers! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread