Help with Cams Decision

MattGT06

Established Member
Well I have been doing tons of research on cams and I cant find any off the shelf cams that I like besides the CMS Stage 1 cams but I cant seem to find any real information on them. So i have been thinking about getting a custom grind cams with these specs: @.050 Duration 230/240 with a .472/.472 lift and a 110-112LSA. What are you guys/gals thoughts on these specs for a custom grind? My goals are to be around 360-370rwhp with My mods in my sig and I also have a Frpp intake manifold and Steeda UDPs that im getting ready to install as well.

Last edited:

MattGT06

Established Member
Yeah they seem to be good cams and would consider them but i like to know what im buying and they haven't spilled the beans on the specs on them yet.

ridetech_ryan

Established Member
Im sure if you gave them a call they would give you the specs. You would want to talk to George or Brent. Both are very knowledgeable and they have great customer service.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Any 3Vs cammed here? have any experience with this?

I had 127200's and they were docile. Almost a "sleeper" set of cams. You could barely notice them unless you were right behind the car. I made 360/341 with a set of FRPP heads, 127200 cams and full bolt-ons. If i had gone with a bigger set of cams it may have been able to pick up another 20-30rwhp. The cams were the limiting factor in my build as the car wanted more RPM and more duration.

For drop in camshafts, FRPP's hot rod cams sound ridiculous and the driveability isnt bad at all. I would check those out if you want something that will lope like crazy. If you want docile, the 127200's are a great drop in set of cams that will work with mild combinations and have daily driving manners.

For max power in the stock heads the comp 127500's are the ticket. Nasty lope, huge top end power and work with the stock heads. Upgraded valve springs and VCT lockouts are recommended so get ready for that final price. Gears are also needed to keep you in the powerband and an FRPP or C&L intake manifold will be needed to get the most power you can out of a stock longblock combo.

Last edited:

trickflow'd

"Stream-line Butterfly"
Established Member
I have comp 127300s with a 2.3 whipple and the power band is awesome. It has a noticeable lobed idle, but not too crazy. I believe comp makes an NA cam for a 3V.

Fabman302

Current Project: FRANKENSTANG
Established Member
I have comp 127300s with a 2.3 whipple and the power band is awesome. It has a noticeable lobed idle, but not too crazy. I believe comp makes an NA cam for a 3V.

Agreed, I ran these cams in my last motor and they were awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread