help with belt slip

mytjojo

Established Member
I apologize for not having a pic of my dyno to show you why we think it's belt slip.
First off let me tell you my set up. Stegy stage IV, 2.93 billetflow upper with all the idlers(1- 92 mm and 3 - 100mm idlers) and a metco 2lb lower with the idler in the upper position. I have a gates micro v belt 78". I had to notch the tensioner to get it on. We didn't have a mafia at the time of the tune so I realize I could be pegging the maf. The dyno sheet falls off at about 5- 6k it pulls strong and then goes jagged edged at the 5-6k mark. There is all kinds of belt dust on the pulleys'. When I step on it, and get to a bout 4k and let off the gas, it surges as if I didn't know how to drive stick. Also it feels like it wants to grab, then it doesn't, then it does. It's all over the place. Any suggestions

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It could be the tune, the MAF pegging, or belt slip. However with what you have listed I doubt that it is belt slip. Belt dust is normal on the pulleys. I would look at the MAF voltage or counts for your problem. When it pegs the computer tends to go overly rich. Can you post a graph with the A/F ratios? When the tuner did the tune did he check all of this?

-Jeff

mytjojo

Established Member
I;ll try and get that up soon but yeah he actully added 10% fuel just incase the belt cought during the high rpm's but based on what I've been reading it sounds like it's a mafia issue? How would i know for sure if I have belt slip. Also I have really loud belt whine is that normal

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread