help with belt size

LBSVT93

Established Member
I currently have a 2.8 RR pulley on my car with stock idlers (car came like this) I just ordered a biletflow four piece idler set. The belt on the car says gates (unsure if previous owner put it on) My q can I use this belt with the idlers or am I going to need a new size? If I do need a new size what size am I going to need. I also bought a jlt high boost pipe cai, anyone install these? Is it hard or not that bad?
Thanks,

LBSVT93

Established Member
Also any tips for doing idlers, and putting belt back on would be great, i also ordered a off road h-pipe, and a flowmaster catback, i bought 02 extenders, but was told mills could be turned off in the tune so now eliminators were needed.....

MustangThief

Established Member
http://stangshiftergaskets.com/BeltSelectionGuide.htm

Not to hijack the thread, but I also need help with a belt selection...

I have a 2.8 upper UPR pulley , and a UPR idler... and my tuner used the stock belt... he said with the UPR idler the extra belt wrap allowed for stock belt sizes, and I didn't see any slip on the dyno, and no dust a week after...

I'm going to be switching to a gatorback, but I don't know if I'm supposed to be using a 74" gatorback or a 74.5" gatorback? I hear the gatorbacks you need a slightly larger size belt but that would put me back at a 75" which I don't see anyone using for gatorback...

Also, does anyone know who keeps gatorback V-poly belts IN STOCK? I'm trying to get one by friday for the track, and i always hear everyone say you need to have them ordered, doesn't anyone keep the belts stocked ?

/hijackthreadoff

Thanks for any info, and LBSVT93 hope that link helps..

And yes, the MIL can be turned off via TUNE, no need to buy MIL eliminators if you're getting the car tuned also.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Hi-Jack on
Not to hijack the thread either but I need a belt also! I've got 2.93/4lb. lower, a 90mm auxilary idler, 4lb. Metco alt. idler, the rest stock idlers. I know, I know I need BF idlers but I don't drive the car hardly at all and I will get them!

Hi-Jack off

MustangThief

Established Member
I already posted that link.

But that link also says 74" for 2.8 w/ 1 idler, and my tuner has the stock belt on there with no slip, so I feel like if I buy a 74" gatorback i won't even be able to get it on there...

I guess I'm gonna go buy a 74.5" Gatorback today and hope it fits....

Users who are viewing this thread