Help with annoying pulley squek

BayAreaTech

Crazy Mexican
Established Member
Just recently I heard a small unknown squek. I had some spray lube so I decided to spray the pullies until I found the source, it helped for a while, it was coming from the pulley just underneath but behind the supercharger belt. Week later I was getting ready to drive it out but the lube was all over the engine bay so I lightly washed the engine bay it was fine for that evening until this past week. It got louder and now I can't stop it with any lube or spray grease. It gets louder as I rev the engine, but it stops when I wet down the engine bay/pulleys.. have any of you guys had that problem? Bad bearing/pulley?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
Is it a chirp or constant squeal? Have you looked at the condition of the belts?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

BayAreaTech

Crazy Mexican
Established Member
It's constant for sure, belts TO ME look in great condition. At my last shop visit they said they were fine also, supercharger belt looks good, but honestly the other belt, is limited to look at, so I could be wrong?

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
If we rule out the belts, then it's a bearing.

I would remove the screen belt and see kg the squealing is still there. If so, it's either the inner belt or a pulley bearing. If it's gone, then you know its a bearing or the screen belt.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

04oxfordvert

Established Member
belts can appear in great shape but actually have a glaze causing a squeek, squeel. if u spray a quick shot of break clean directly on the belt and it dissapears it is belt. seen this 1,000 times. also a parts shop should sell a belt wax. comes in a small glue stick like tube u can put that on belt while engine is running.

BayAreaTech

Crazy Mexican
Established Member
belts can appear in great shape but actually have a glaze causing a squeek, squeel. if u spray a quick shot of break clean directly on the belt and it dissapears it is belt. seen this 1,000 times. also a parts shop should sell a belt wax. comes in a small glue stick like tube u can put that on belt while engine is running.

yes u are right. I went to the store and got some belt conditioner and it worked but concourse the next day its back. I'm getting my new whipple soon installed and will let AED change out the main belt

Users who are viewing this thread