Help with a new clutch

Rem152

Established Member
Need help picking a new clutch currently putting down 440 to the wheels on kenne bell 2.6... I plan on building the motor in the future but I'm currently running the stock clutch and flywheel which has held fine, but I noticed its starting to slip a little when I really get on it. So need some advice on which clutch and should I stick with the stock flywheel or go for a lightweight aluminum? I've heard some people say stay away from the lightweight cause I'm boosted, but others have said to go lightweight cause I can get the revs up faster.

Thanks.

debit_free_2010

Established Member
The Exedy Mach 500 clutch with the OE flywheel worked well for me with 500 rwhp.

As for light weight flywheels, I've had a couple light weight clutch setup's (less than 38lbs) and didn't like them for daily driving, and I saw no real quantifiable difference at the drag strip over a clutch that weighed 50lbs . Yes the engine will rev faster with a lighter FW, however it'll also slow down quicker on the shifts, so it's a zero net gain there.

You might see some real difference on a road course.

I can say I did see better gass mileage with the light weight clutch.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
P51B clutch + stock pressure plate. Flywheel could be either aluminum or steel. Both worked well for me.

Users who are viewing this thread