help with 315 tire?

ttuplayboy

Established Member
Im having a problem trying to order a 315/35/17 tires for my rears. I have 315 BFG DR's already but i need to replace them and wanted to go to a street tire. I wanted to get the BFG KD's, but at the discount tire i was at they told me all was in stock in there warehouse was specific to the right rear and that the left rear has been discontinued. So im having trouble finding anything but drag radials again. The goodyear gs-d3 are on backorder and i dont want crappy sumitomos. So any suggestions from anyone would be great and this is for a 17x10.5" rim btw.

grendel

Established Member
i just called bfg and they couldnt give me an answer why the discontinued the left but not the right, they dont show a replacement tire anytime soon either.

and for the gs-d3's and the dunlops they are on a 4-6 week back order but i guess you found that out already.

any other tire in that size is a drag radial. if you are looking for something to get by you could probably go with a 285/40/17

ttuplayboy

Established Member
well i might just go ahead and get the bfg dr again...do you know how they are in comparison to the nitto 555r drag radial or whatever, like as far as tread wear and daily driving...the bfgs actually lasted me like a year and a half under normal driving suprisingly.

ttuplayboy

Established Member
tirerack.com shows that they have dunlops in stock. does anyone know any information on these tires i havnt really heard anything about them

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I called Dunlop, I do show a Dunlop 8000 In that size. Dunlop is still making this tire, It has a 200 treadware so should last longer than the Drags but We do not have any in stock at this time nor does Dunlop. I haven't read any reviews on this tire either.

hawkti

Established Member
if you go to ebay and look up 315/35 under 17 tires, you'll see other manufacturers of this size and you can go from there.

03cobramanIII

Banned
i would get bf goodrich the old g force 315/35/17 they about a inch to inch and a half wider then the 315 nitto cause of the rim saver i guess, im not the only one that said the g force was wider the the nitto's being the same size. im going with them next time cause my nitto's are not going to last that long. even on the highway i got 2k on them no track or burn outs and you can tell there getting low on tread. ther just a soft tire. im going to get some e/t streets for the track and some 5 or 6 inchers on the front, for drag or in town use only.

speeddemon2000

Established Member
How about the Sumitomo HTR's 315/35/17? I see that tirerack is showing they have fewer than 2? Are these tires available anymore?

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The shipping will kill you there. Our shipping is FREE and we will ship anywhere in the lower 48 states for our prices. I show the 335.30.18 KDW NT at $327.00 each delivered and if Tireracks price is delivered for less, We'll beat it!

Nasty03Cobra

Established Member
Whats you guys' price for that same BFG G-force KDW2 just for 2 on a 17x10.5 rim? Need a good DD tire that can still catch traction, because surely these are better then the TERRIBLE Sumitumos I got on there now

Nasty03Cobra

Established Member
Also any chance of getting a tire wider than a 315 back there with stock rear end? I love the wider tire look and was just wondering if maybe a 335 would fit?

Users who are viewing this thread