Help window problem

conway2004

Established Member
Okay I have searched online to try and diagnose this problem before posting however have not found something that applies to my situation. I have a 95 cobra and my driver side window would work one time but not the next. Long story short I replaced the motor cause I am an idiot and it was only a switch but oh well have a new motor in there. Yesterday I take the car out and when I hit the auto down the window gets to the bottom and there was a loud banging a popping like the window wanted to continue traveling. Same thing happens when I roll the window up. I then tried it by holding the button in and when it gets to the top or bottom it does the same thing. The only diagnosis I have seen online is for the bushings in the motor but not sure how this could be the issue when I just replaced the motor. Any help would be appreciated !

shurur

Established Member
Sometimes the teeth on the window regulator get worn or become misaligned. Try banging the door.

Aside: there seems to be no good regulator design. Some, Audi/BMW, use cables and pulleys. I've had to fix those more times than I want to remember.

Last edited:

conway2004

Established Member
Hey guys I tried banging on the door with no luck. Just wondering if anyone else had any ideas that may help or what the cause may be. Thanks !

Users who are viewing this thread