HELP: What size slicks and skinnies/rims and tires?

71mustang99

1 Gimpy Gallon...
Established Member
I have searched and searched and i can not find a 100% for sure answer...even used that search feature...no go.haha

They are going on a 2003 cobra with a sra. I am pretty set on the Weld Racing RTS Forged Aluminum Black Anodized Wheels.
WLD-71LB-508A35A.jpg

I would like to go 15's all the way around but if spacers are going to be needed in the front than maybe 17's without the spacers would be the way to go in the front.

In the rear i would like to go as wide as possible so whether that be 8's or 10's, i just dont want any rubbing but i want the full of tire look.

4 inches wide in the front.

So im looking to have an answer of your suggested rim size with back spacing. Tires size all three ways, ex. 26x11.50-15. Looking for the fronts and the rears. Also what brand of tire do you recommend? I have always ran on hoosiers but i am open to MT's or whatever. If i am wrong with anything that i want let me know.

This is the look that i am trying to achieve...

SDC10295.jpg

3764612342_5d06b5359f_o.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

Drazga

Established Member
I'm doing the same rears on my car (SRA car) 15x10, but I've still been dealing with fitment and what size tire I'm going to run, it will definitely be a radial since this will be my street setup (keeping TF 18s on upfront) and I'll get billet specialties for my full slick/skinny setup. 15s fit now since its SRA but I could barely fit a 28" tall (like most of those cars have) when I used my buddies set of wheels to test fit them. So I will either have to run different springs in the rear so the car wont rub or find a 26/27" radial. I have the 13" stoptech kit upfront so I was wondering how that was going to play out as well with the billet specialties skinnies.

Users who are viewing this thread