Help, what clutch should i go with??

187import

Established Member
I have a 98Cobra with Procharger, exhaust,gears, and some other minor bolt-ons. Making 430rwhp on 9lbs of boost. I have the stock clutch with 90k. Time for a new clutch and don't know what to go with???

Spec, stage 3 or 2???

Fidanza clutch??

Ram HDX series??

What do ya'll recommend. open to all ideas!

Thanks
Josh

diablostang

Established Member
I'd stick with something streetable... A spec stage 3 isn't ideal for anything except strip use.

I'd go with a Centerforce DFX.

And bear in mind when selecting a clutch.. What is the weak point in your driveline? You want the weak point to be the cheapest part. My tranny is built, but not real heavily duty so I keep a fairly light clutch in it so that if something breaks, it's not the tranny -- it's the clutch.

Last edited:

epracmetcon

Established Member
Ive got a ram powergrip HD in my car and its been holding up to 5k rpm launches on spray at the track the whole summer, never once a problem.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
03/04 clutch kit FTW. gives u an aluminum FW, 11" setup instead of 10.5", and a nice light clutch feel. These have been known to handle 500rwhp w/ out any problems. Best bang for the buck if you ask me.

1997cobrasvt

Established Member
get a spec 2+..mine is a 2 and its a bit rough compareed to the stocker...but it grips hard..ive always heard they are rough on the tranny but it grabs like a mofo!

187import

Established Member
Yeah i've heard that spec clutches grab awesome but are hard on the foot and the transmission...

I know centerforce is supposed to be good but don't know if that will be too rough on the transmission.

I don't drive the car often and it hasn't seen the track yet but sometime in the future i will take it...

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
normally would go with the LUK clutches that i've had so much luck with, but in this case of upgrades, i'd say nothing less then a King Clutch or spec 2. Nothing less. Pretty sure you'll be pleased :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread