HELP!!What causes this??

HISSN

Established Member
As you can see my driver side rear tire tucks in the fender when i pull in at an angle anywhere(Left does too but barely). The tire is torn up beyond repair and i need to get this fixed before i get a new tire. I'll soon be having the fenders rolled so there won't be a lip to cut the tire. My gt i had didn't do this, but i had tokiko shocks and eibach springs. My current setup is H&R sports (which might be to soft) and bilsteins, MM LCA, MM SFC's.
750124_21_full.jpg

750124_22_full.jpg

750124_23_full.jpg

In Reverse, backing in.
750124_25_full.jpg

750124_26_full.jpg

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
one quick way might be to see if the spring seats are A. torn-up factory rubber,allowing the spring to settle or B. not there at all. or C. polyurethane ones that have allowed the lower spring to rotate. Hope that helps because the other way is to roll the fender lips and that should best be done by a very knowlegable body shop as this can crack the paint. If you insist on trying this there might be threads around on other boards as well.

Jwilliams

Resident Pimp
Established Member
what size tire is that a 45 series? it looks pretty big, i didnt have any rubbing issues with 35 series on 18s, u shouldnt be having them with 17s... rolling the fender will help alot tho.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
Id say that either the springs are too soft or the spring seats are no good.

I too have a similar problem when I back out of my driveway. It's giving me second thoughts on if I should lower my car. My car appers to have some aftermarket rear springs, but I dont know. What do the stock rear springs looks like? do thay have a tag or some kind of marking on them? sorry to hijack the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread