Help w/Strong Fuel Odor

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I took my car to a carshow yesterday about 1.5hr drive, did 80-85mph cruise control, a/c on car felt great! Ive had issues in the past with my a/c due to my tune. In short RPMs drop pretty low when running the a/c and will stall at a stoplight at times, therefore i only really use it when on the highway on long trips.
On the way home traffic was bad and I had to came to a deadstop on the highway and my car stalled. I crancked it up started driving and got this strong fuel odor it cleared up after a while, i pulled over to get a bite to eat and upon restarting the car i got that fuel odor again.

Got home and I cant find any leaks of any kind but can smell the fuel? Let the car sit for about an hour, took it for a ride did not get the fuel odor?

Any ideas what caused this fuel smell?

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Fuel pump FRPP GT Supercar twin 255lph
Zone 5 FPDM
Siemen Deka 60lb inj
Kenne Bell BAP 40A

Quick Strike

Established Member
Check your fuel rail pressure sensor. See if your oil smells like gas. Change both if necessary.

01yellercobra

Established Member
In my experience if the FRPS is blown the car runs like crap. If at all. I'd check all the Evap hoses. And the filler neck gasket.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
QUOTE="Quick Strike, post: 15931362, member: 11920"]your looking for a blown FRPS.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

In my experience if the FRPS is blown the car runs like crap. If at all. I'd check all the Evap hoses. And the filler neck gasket.

Ill double check the FRPS, evap hoses, and filler neck this evening, but last night i was going through the car, it started & idled fine, i did not take it out for a drive, but it did not have that strong fuel odor, just the typical running a little rich especially when cold. I'am stumped on this issue?
I appreciate everyone's input, keep them coming!

Stage 4.6

Established Member
*UPDATE;
I took the car out this weekend filled the tank, no leaks from the filler neck, drove it a couple of miles in 90+ deg weather and car had zero issues or fuel odor?
I wonder if not having the a/c tune bogs it that bad that it can cause some sort of fuel issue?

Users who are viewing this thread