HELP w/ my bassani x pipe leak!!!!

v10kingsnake

Established Member
i bought an off road x pipe from my buddy and when i got it i noticed it had a small flange type pipe fitting that was in the box??? anyway i take the car to another buddies shop to get him to install it and after an hour he comes up and says what a pain in the ass it was to get it to all fit right so it wont leak but he thinks he got it now. i asked him if the small piece in the box was needed and he said he saw it but it was nothing he could figure went with this xpipe. driving off the lot i could hear the leak pretty good. i call bassani later that week and asked them and the tech was well aware of this piece and told me that without this piece it would leak and thats why its included in the setup!! i took it back to the shop to re-evaluate the issue and the guy still says he cant hear the leak, or figure out where the hell this piece would go anyway??? can some one help the guy at the shop has to be friggin deaf if he cant hear this leak under load and i cant get a bassani tech on the line today, saturday, to ask exactly where this part fits in to the mix. HELP!!!

HHSSSSS

Established Member
jack the car up again, start the car and run your hands through the all the flanges. hit the throttle a few times and you should feel air come out if it has a leak. be careful though, it gets hot quick.

v10kingsnake

Established Member
i understand that but the bassani tech says this adapter fitting needs to be used and i am not because the retart tech cant figure where it goes so it is not installed correctly and that pisses me off. i am not a half ass person. where does this piece fit to???

Users who are viewing this thread