Help w/alot of SCRATCHES

Tide612

Banned
Ok so the water was frozen in the Car wash i was going through. I just wanted a quick wash before i went out, i had just got the car back from the shop and it was really dirty. So on with the story. I went through the car wash, which was not brushless, and it scratched all my paint. It is all over my car. It really sucks. I went and washed the car by hand today and it has BILLIONS of scratches on it. I need help. The scratches are only on the very top layer of the paint. I need something to take the scratches out. Zaino, rain-x wax, and buffer? PLEASE HELP

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
You are going to need a good swirl remover if they are not to deep. If they are deep, you may want to look at getting it machine polished. You can buy a buffer and do it yourself, but it is not that expensive to have a professional do it.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I would reccomend wax-shops safe-cut, you can either apply by hand, or with a buffer. If it is just clear scratches that is a simple, one-step way to get them out. Follow by a top-coat of wax-sealer of your choice.

03BlkSVT

Established Member
A Pc with a good swirl remover(3M or Meguiars #9) is probably your best bet. Don't use a rotary buffer if you are not experienced with this tool as you may cause futher damage. Autopia.com has excellent write ups for your problem.

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
Wax Shops

99cobrablack said:
I would reccomend wax-shops safe-cut,
I SECOND THAT !!!!THE WAX SHOPS PRODUCTS ARE THE EASIEST TO USE AND IN MY OPINION ONE OF THE SAFEST THE WAX/POLISH IS LIKE GIVING YOU CAR A SUN TAN VERY VERY GOOD PRODUCT .
I HAVE USED IT ON MY 96 MYSTIC SINCE DAY 1 AND PEOPLE STILL ASK ME IF I JUST PAINTED MY CAR, AND IT'S NICE TO SEE SOMEONE ELSE ON THIS BOARD USING IT (I THOUGHT I WAS THE ODDBALL)

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
icu812 said:
I SECOND THAT !!!!THE WAX SHOPS PRODUCTS ARE THE EASIEST TO USE AND IN MY OPINION ONE OF THE SAFEST THE WAX/POLISH IS LIKE GIVING YOU CAR A SUN TAN VERY VERY GOOD PRODUCT .
I HAVE USED IT ON MY 96 MYSTIC SINCE DAY 1 AND PEOPLE STILL ASK ME IF I JUST PAINTED MY CAR, AND IT'S NICE TO SEE SOMEONE ELSE ON THIS BOARD USING IT (I THOUGHT I WAS THE ODDBALL)
:beer: :bowdown: Wow, I am really glad to hear someone else. I have suggested it to people on here but they just scoff at it. I have used it for over 10 years now ( I am 19) and my father has used it a long time before that. I tried NXT and wasn't impressed, it came off really easy, but still not impressed.

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
I agree I love the way it goes on and comes off an exellent product it don't white the plastic trim on my car eighter. I always keep at least 4 bottles aruond at all times so I don't run out.
I use on a $150k race car as well as my sons $100 bicycle I don't sell it just praising it for being in my opinion the best wax on the market no special technique or secret additaves and the such.
pretty straight forward stuff that leaves a butter smooth surface with a diamond shine, I have used all the new products as well as the old and find that I keep coming back to The WAX SHOPS products the local retailer stopped selling it about a year ago now I have to order it online what a drag!!

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
yupp, There are a few places that still sell it here. The fact that it doesn't white the plastic trim is reason enough to use it. I have used about everything under the sun, except for klasse, and zanio because of the cost. I too have come back to wax-shop time and time again, the color pops much much better with it than most wax's :beer:

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
agreed the color pops hard on the Mystic and the Sonic Blue.
what do you use to do your interior vinyl and leather in ?
I use a product called Refresh by 3M (its scented I like the Spring Rain )by far the best stuff !! leaves a beutiful shine with no oily residue behind and last a long, long, long time (shine & scent) if you havent tried it you should!
I've been using it for about 4 years now and swear by the stuff!!!! :beer:

Last edited:

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
LRV, also by wax-shop. I like the smell, and it isn't greasy. I will have to try refresh, as soon as my supply of LRV runs out:rolling: I claybar'd my cobra and used the mothers cleaner wax that came with it, and I had people ask me if something happened to the car because it didn't look the same from when it was clad in superglaze. I might try klasse, or zanio one of these days, but for the price wax-shops can't be beat.

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
haven't tried the LRV but those who use it give it alot of praise.
but, I gotta go against the grain thats why I tried the Refresh and the rest is history its not cheap but man it does a helluva job!
the only thing that Zaino has going for it longevity but the Zymol that you can get at Walmarts Last just as long and looks just as good .
but I wash my car no less than 3 times a week and clay, wax it after every wash.
just a clean nut with my vehicles . so longevity isn't an issue with me.
I'll stay with the Superglaze till they quit making,and then I would use the Zymol
always get compliments when I'm out cruisin' with the Super Glaze on
not as many with the other waxes and I got a bucket full of them!!! Clearcote makes really good Product the Vanilla Moose is some awesome stuff,
a friend uses the stuff and swears by it but it doesn't go on and off like the WS stuff .

Users who are viewing this thread