HELP! Viper-spec Tranny issue!

blacksnake305

Established Member
HELP! Viper-spec Tranny issue!

Hey fellas,

A buddy of mine (99svtaddct) (who is a member here, but doesn't post much), has a serious issue. His note to me is listed below:

--------------------------------

Well, yesterday could have gone better. We lucked out though. I pulled over righ before Squirel Lake so I pulled out of the lot, turned onto Sqrl Lake/I-75/M59....all the way home with only 1 stop the whole way (saving the clutch). Tranny is stuck in 4th gear AGAIN. 3rd time now with no abuse. Never even had it at the track. Weird, huh?

Could you ask around and see if anyone else has had an issue like mine with their T56 (Viper spec or not)? It simply goes into 4th and doesn't come back out. No grinding....no speedshifting or other abuse....just gets locked into 4th.

Plan is to try and take out the tranny ourselves in Sept/Oct. Then when funds allow get it fixed and back on the road by spring. Not gonna sweat it now. Got plans every weekend in August and the car would have gone away by October 1st anyway so why rush it now. Bummer.....sad thing is I was just cruising when it did this. Not even like I went out in a blaze of glory. lol.

Chuck

-----------------------------------

Any advice/opinions would be appreciated!

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
If its the D&D performance T56, I have a new one in my 03, with zero issues and a few track passes.... I'd give them a call directly.?

Users who are viewing this thread