Help tuner problem

GreekThunder

Established Member
Ive had an SCT tuner for a long ass time. It was previously used for a v6 mustang. I have upgraded to a gt and want to use my tuner for it. Ive returned the v6 to stock and updated the tuner. I know I need to get nee tunes for it since its a different motor. But I talked to other people saying I still have to "unmarry" it. What does that mean and what else do I need to do so I can use it? Also does anyone know someone that does good tunes for a decent price? Thanks everyone!

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Here's how to check if its locked to the car or not.

FOR THE FORD X3/SF3 3000/3015 AND THE GM SF3 3100:
  • Power up the device by plugging in to either a vehicle's OBDII port or a computer's USB port. (usb cable not included)
  • Once powered up, scroll all the way down to device info.
  • Press Select on Device Info.
  • Status will either be: Status: Locked or Status: Unlocked.
    *This is the breakdown of what each one means:*
  • Status: Locked - The vehicle is VIN locked, you need to either return the vehicle it is currently locked to back to stock, or you will need to call Tech Support and Get a Return Authorization and pay an Unlocking Fee.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
It should be unlocked if you returned the car to stock. Update the thread when you figure out if its locked or not.

Worst case, if you can't unlock it, is you send it to SCT and for like 75 bucks they will fix it. Well it was 75 years ago. Not sure what it is now.

96gt02

Established Member
unmarrying cost $150 now, but anyway as long as returned the other car to stock your device is unmarried.

Users who are viewing this thread