HELP Trying to find original owner 04 White Cobra

NJ04Cobra

DUMPS FTMFW
Established Member
Hi guys,
I recently purchased an 04 Oxford White Cobra from a dealer in NJ. The original owner lived in PA. I LOVE the car, I just want to know what tune was done to the car so I know if it's safe or not.

It has MAC Prochamber into DUMPS with a SOLID 8.8 rear if that helps.

Any info WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!:rockon:

Fred

NJ04Cobra

DUMPS FTMFW
Established Member
Anybody have any ideas on how to find the original owner? Carfax didn't help.
Thanks, Fred

Finding the original owner is going to be tough with all the new limitations on the Patriot Act. But I would advise you go down to Crazy Horse Racing in South Amboy, clean the MAF and get on their dyno to see what your A/F readings are. 3 pulls for $75 will end the mystery of this tune.

NJ04Cobra

DUMPS FTMFW
Established Member
01cobravortech said:
Finding the original owner is going to be tough with all the new limitations on the Patriot Act. But I would advise you go down to Crazy Horse Racing in South Amboy, clean the MAF and get on their dyno to see what your A/F readings are. 3 pulls for $75 will end the mystery of this tune.

Thanks man. I have heard some negative stuff about Crzy Horse, so I called JDM already but they have a 6 week waiting list, so not sure who I will go to yet.
Thank you for the advice though.

NJ04Cobra

DUMPS FTMFW
Established Member
TriPodRacing said:
How small of a pulley?

Does it have a flash or a chip?

Hey man,
I measured the top pulley and it has an outside diameter of 3.2 inches. The bigger pulley to the right of that is 3.5 inches and is a UPR billet pulley. I am showing 15 lbs of boost on the gas. I think it was flashed, the trac control is off permanently, but where do I check to see if there is a piggy back chip on it?

NJ04Cobra said:
Thanks man. I have heard some negative stuff about Crzy Horse, so I called JDM already but they have a 6 week waiting list, so not sure who I will go to yet.
Thank you for the advice though.

I know there have been some guys on this site that haven't been fond of Crazy Horse. One guy had stated that they installed the KB CC plates on the wrong side and others have chimed in with no specific stories on why they felt negatively. I've done business at Crazy Horse for the past 4 years and have spent nearly $20k there and I can tell you that the negative criticisms are from guys that have complained about pricing. The dyno at Crazy Horse works just fine. He's tuned plenty of 03/04 Cobras and Lightnings himself and has a very loyal customer base.

While JDM's reputation speaks for itself, they always have a 6 week wait for everything it seems.

Last edited:

NJ04Cobra

DUMPS FTMFW
Established Member
01cobravortech said:
I know there have been some guys on this site that haven't been fond of Crazy Horse. One a guy that stated that they installed the KB CC plates on the wrong side and others that have chimed in with no specific stories on why they felt negatively. I've done business at Crazy Horse for the past 4 years and have spent nearly $20k there and I can tell you that the negative criticisms are from guys that have complained about pricing. The dyno at Crazy Horse works just fine. He's tuned plenty of 03/04 Cobras and Lightnings himself and has a very loyal customer base.

While JDM's reputation speaks for itself, they always have a 6 week wait for everything it seems.
THanks bro. You made me feel more comfortable about going to them. I need to make a Saturday appt with one of them to at least clean out the MAF as was suggested and see where the A/F is at. THen I will feel better about driving it.

THanks again:rockon:

I would recommend cleaning the MAF right away just for some added insurance rather than waiting. Use this product it works great:

Just detach the Maf with a I believe its 20 bit torx socket and just spray the hell out of the MAF wires a few times. I would allow 30 minutes before plugging back in. While some may not agree, I would also disconnect the battery for more than 30 minutes while doing thsi to wipe out the fuel trims and to assure that the PCM recalibrates the newly cleaned MAF properly. Its not a necessity since the car will have to relearn its long and short fuel trims, but it will guarantee that your PCM recalibrates the new air its reading.

NJ04Cobra

DUMPS FTMFW
Established Member
Thanks man. I have heard not to soak the MAF though, do you think there is any harm to that or dose that spray evaporate quickly?

NJ04Cobra said:
Thanks man. I have heard not to soak the MAF though, do you think there is any harm to that or dose that spray evaporate quickly?

Spray it in 2-3 second bursts just a few times. Rotate the MAF to hit each side and angle. It evaporates quickly and I would spray without the plastic extension the bottle comes with. Its impossible to really soak the MAF since the cleaning solution evaporates. A few shots are all you need. I did it all the time on my MAF.

NJ04Cobra

DUMPS FTMFW
Established Member
Cool man, thank you very much. I will try and do that next weekend, we are supposed to get some snow this week.

Tommy98016

Heavy Ass Vert
Established Member
check out Outrageous mustangs/ Big daddy performance, Dwayne's shop in lakewood, NJ

NJ04Cobra

DUMPS FTMFW
Established Member
Tommy98016 said:
check out Outrageous mustangs/ Big daddy performance, Dwayne's shop in lakewood, NJ
THaks man...I'm down the shore most weekends when it's warm. That's Big Daddy Dwayne who held the BFG Drag Radial title for a while, right? Nice.

Tambini

Established Member
I wouldn't bring my car to crazy horse. Had gears put on a previous car and when i went to pick it up my stock gears were no where to be found and i had new brake pads and rotors on my car. I understand the guy who was there when i went ( a few years back) is gone now but it still doesn't sit well with me. Also had a friend have some work done through there. motor swap and all and his car never ran right so he decided to sell it. JLP in Pa, JDM in jersey, Laroccas (next to raceway park in NJ) are all well known tuners in the area.

Last edited:

NJ04Cobra

DUMPS FTMFW
Established Member
Tambini said:
I wouldn't bring my car to crazy horse. Had gears put on a previous car and when i went to pick it up my stock gears were no where to be found and i had new brake pads and rotors on my car. I understand the guy who was there when i went ( a few years back) is gone now but it still doesn't sit well with me. Also had a friend have some work done through there. motor swap and all and his car never ran right so he decided to sell it. JLP in Pa, JDM in jersey, Laroccas (next to raceway park in NJ) are all well known tuners in the area.

LaRocca's isn't that good anymore...new owners and Jimmy C left...

Users who are viewing this thread