help trying to figure out if 93 tune is worth it

blwnblkgt

Established Member
I have a 03 cobra with a new a aluminator short block (n/a version 10:1 comp) with stock heads with super car gt cams with a tvs gen 2 gt500 t/b , id1000 injectors with bap, long tube headers and catback, ill be running around 12-13psi on pump gas. my question is that my car is in california and i could get it tuned with 91 octane by shawn at aed, but I'm stationed in florida wheres theres 93 octane , is it worth just getting it dynoed for 93 octane and the closes dyno places is about 300 miles from me or just have it dyno tuned on 91 and then ship it here to florida and run 93 octane and have that safety margin just in case i get a bad gas? i wish i could run e85 but here in panama city florida theres no e85, back home in cali i had e85 stationed in my town which sucks.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Thanks man it's just very tempting to get it dyno tuned for 93 but idk if it's worth the drive

I was kinda in the same boat when I was on a gas tune. There was exactly one station around me that had 93, all the rest were 91.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
My car was tuned in CA on 91, I live in MS now an 93 is everywhere. I will absolutely not get it tuned for 93. I don't know if I'm going to move again or what, not worth the few hundred dollars for a little bit more power only to have to get it retuned to 91 if I have to move again.

bigmoose

Established Member
Paying for a tune just to go to 93 isn't worth it. You can run 93 for added protection or manually add 1-2 degrees to global spark for free if you want a little extra. That's all your tuner would do if you paid them.

blwnblkgt

Established Member
I decided I'm gonna have Shaun at aed put a base tune so I can drive the car with no boost and gonna have the car shipped to Florida with me then gonna have tuners inc tune it on 93 octane with 14lbs of boost, with 91 octane 10:1 compression I would only be able to boost 11-12lbs of boost because of 91 being so shitty in ca.

Users who are viewing this thread