HELP!! Trying to buy Black 93 Cobra #529 Is it worth the price the dealer is asking?

Evilspyderman

2003 Satin Snake
Established Member
I am trying to deal the price on the car. The dealer wants $8,200. I already verified the VIN with SVT. Car has 40,000 on the odometer but dealer is sure that it has rolled over and is a 140k car. Runs pretty great good power for a stock 93 that needs some love.

Its black, grey cloth, sunroof, rear defrost, radio not with the car, paint in body in pretty good condition, new tires all the way around, looks to be lowered not sure if springs were cut or actual lowering springs, all the weather stripping is bad, has a vibration from the front end going down the highway very slight though present, no leaks, car was smoked in, struts for the hatch are bad, carpet and floor mats are stained, two or three small interior problems with a dash bulb, horn button, and and the two controls on the left of the cluster are loose.

Its not horrible but by no means perfect. What would you guys that are more experienced with these cars pay for one in this condition?

Thanks in advance
-Milo

Established Member
i bought mine back in 1999 for 9200 from a ford dealer w/ 72k miles. with 140k miles i wouldnt pay more than $4-5000 maybe even less the way your explaining the condition its in. the car needs to be restored

Last edited:

WillyB93

Established Member
It sound like it needs a lot of TLC parts are easy to come by beings LX/GT uses mostly the same parts for interior. I think they still hold some value with 100k plus, with what you have described I would shoot for 7000 or under. Good luck

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
sounds like a heap of crap. just by a clean foxbody gt and throw a couple of snake emblems on it

Tims97SVT

Established Member
^^ kinda what im doing. Just bought and 89 gt rust free car with 47k on it. Needs paint but the body is perfect no rust no dents. $1200 oh it runs like a dream:)

buddha93

Established Member
Kelly Blue book has the value of the car between $3,200 and $4,300. The retail price was $5,900.

1993 Ford Mustang - Private Party Pricing Report - Kelley Blue Book

Nada guides has it at $5,600

Used Car Value - Ford Mustang Hatchback 2D Cobra (V8)

I dont know if this is any help. I don't know how much you can rely on these estimates.

They don't mean crap when it comes to these cars for the most part.

I will tell you this. For a long time, cars in the 100k milage range held firm at $10k, plus or minus $500 depending on the overall condition. That price has since dropped roughly $1000.

I've seen a lot of really clean drivers (meaning they didn't need a thing and were garage kept) sell in the $9000 range. What your describing sounds like it needs a lot of TLC. I think you can do better if you wait long enough.

Got any pictures? That would help make a better call too.

Evilspyderman

2003 Satin Snake
Established Member
No rust from what I have seen but I haven't been under it. The body has two small dings and a small spider web in the paint on the front lower fascia from hitting it on something. When it comes to interior I am very picky my 03 looks brand spankin new inside. The carpets are bad but not new looking. The car is at a small dealer and its the owners sons. I say i would replace all the weather stripping because it has faded and some is cracking from the sun but not leaking water. It looks great from the outside and like I said drives good minus that vibration but it pulled a little so i think that is alignment but hard to say cause the roads i drove on suck.

The hardest part is judging it because it hasn't been detailed to be sold. I would like to save the car and keep her but I drive my cars. I can't let a car sit around and wait for perfect weather that is why I would like a higher mileage car and working on them is fun part for me.

I offered him 7,200. I will try to get some pics tomorrow and post up so you can let me know if that is way off or not. I am willing to pay a tad extra because I have been trying to find one up here for a long time and this is in the best condition in my price range so far.

buddha93

Established Member
If you really think you can make the car work, then go through it and add up all of the miscellaneous stuff it will need. I'm sure you can come up with a $1000 between the carpet, moldings, etc. These cars are really down in value right now.

Evilspyderman

2003 Satin Snake
Established Member
If you really think you can make the car work, then go through it and add up all of the miscellaneous stuff it will need. I'm sure you can come up with a $1000 between the carpet, moldings, etc. These cars are really down in value right now.

Thank you for help. We'll see if he decides to drop down. In the mean time I will keep searching.

Nukem1040

Established Member
THIS but don't forget to add the "I am a gay ass poser" bumpersticker on it.

X7!

I've had a share of fox bodies and this one is screaming 140K miles with the issues that one is having. It sounds nice, with a little TLC but I wouldn't pay over $6k for this one. If he won't drop for you, keep shopping for one better at that price. Watch 1993 Cobra Registry and some deals roll through there. GL!

Users who are viewing this thread