Help....The '99 gets stuck in reverse, and....

donaisenbrey

Established Member
........the only way to get it out is to pop the clutch (usually multiple times). This is great until I get backed up against a wall or another car ...........Any suggestions???................Don

The car has....the stock shifter, 60K miles and 27K miles on the replacement clutch and flywheel.

AzDropTop

Established Member
Mine does the same thing now and then. I either put it in 1st or second and then try again. If that doesn't work I'll go to first and move forward just a bit and then it goes in fine. I'm hoping my tranny takes a total dump so I can get in replaced under extended warranty. :beer:

AzDropTop

Established Member
Originally posted by donaisenbrey
Rick:

My problem is getting it OUT of reverse......not getting it INTO reverse...............Don

doh! sorry I misread your post. So many have the 'getting in' problem that I must have had it on the brain. Not sure why it won't come out? good luck!

99cobrajms

Established Member
Man, I am worse. I am frozen in reverse. Can not move the stick period. Works great for backing up so I guess clutch is fine. This T45 is toast but she held up for years with the blower, just a matter of time.

I also would like a suggestion to get her into neutral so I can get a tow truck. Can they still load the car onto a flat bed tow truck with the tranny stuck in gear? If she rolls forward she clicks real loud!!!

She sits backed up on my driveway, waiting for a tranny to arrive, then a tow to the shop.

John

99cobrajms

Established Member
Well had that debate, D&D looks like 2.5-3k for a T56, or just get a T45 for 999. I did not have the $$s to go T56 route. SO I just will replace the T45 for now. I guess I will wait for the 2006 Cobra to ever get a 6 Speed or save money since I will probably break this T45 down the road again. Especially since I am going solid axle and that is where my $$s are right now. So hope the T45 hangs around for a while. J

99SERPENT

this isn't good
Established Member
I had the same problem with mine. The issue is the 5th/reverse shift fork. Even after having it fixed after the Ford TSB, I still have the same issue. If you need it in any case the TSB is article number 01-23-5.

forged5.4dohc

Established Member
shift fork?didnt know about that one,when the dealer rebuilt mine he didnt say antthing about this,i may still have the bad one?

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
im gonna say its your syncros.

next time it happens , put the car in 1st an pull ahead just a bit, then try to put it back into reverse. but normally when its your syncros its hard to pop it into gear as well as out.

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
Originally posted by no_slow_svt
im gonna say its your syncros.

next time it happens , put the car in 1st an pull ahead just a bit, then try to put it back into reverse. but normally when its your syncros its hard to pop it into gear as well as out.
he cant get it out of reverse, how does he put it in 1st?

Users who are viewing this thread