HELP! Tach needle stuck!

RedTwilight

Shinigami Akakage
Established Member
Drove the Cobra last night and an odd thing happened to the tach needle. As I went between gears (I wasn't even on it hard) the needle all of a sudden jumped and spun clockwise until it hit the stop pin. It hasn't gone back either. It is just stuck up against the pin. Turn the switch on and off a few times and it still doesn't want to return to normal!

So what do I do to fix the problem? I know a couple of others had this happen; but I have yet to find what they did to solve this!:shrug::dw:

Anyone have any suggestions! And I just got the car back on the road too after being down for 6 months for just a clutch! LOL

Thanks!

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
pull the cluster out...and take the tach needle off..and put it back on..you have to put it on only like half a click..if you push it down all the way it will get stuck..something weird happened to urs but dont put the plastic cover back on until you get it right..so turn the key when u put the tach needle back on..

Napp E Roots

Established Member
i dont think thats it mine does that too. Sometimes when i shift hard or get in high revs itll spin all the way around and then work in reverse going from the pin counterclockwise to 0 as i rev higher. Mine is also lazy sometime only kicking in whne i get near 4k

are our tachs ran by a vacuum line or electrical? my problem doesnt make any sense and no one seems to know whats up

crazycarlo

Established Member
i had the same problem and all i did was make sure the wires ont he back of the cluster were put on nice and tight and it started working right and I havnt had a problem with it since then.

Users who are viewing this thread