HELP! T-56 install/xmember question

RedTwilight

Shinigami Akakage
Established Member
I'm in the process of installing a T-56 into my 96.:D There seems to be a problem with the crossmember linning up.:bash: I ordered the tranny and install kit from D&D. They said the crossmember will have to be moved forward into the front set of holes. Problem is there are no set of holes to move to, so I'm going to have to drill a set. Another problem is the mount (attaching to xmember) only has one bolt in the center and the original piece has two. Guess I'm going to have to drill a hole here as well. Another thing the original h-pipe hanger plate isn't even close to being able to bolt to the trans.:mj: And here I thought with the install kit all I was needing to do was just bolt everything in.:shrug:

So what is everyone else that has installed the T-56 experiences? Whtat did you have to do/ or recommend doing to solve the delimas?:bowdown: :bowdown:

Thank you very much!

TruthSeeker

Established Member
I have a 98 Cobra and I just used my original crossmember. I moved the rear holes of the crossmember forward to where the front holes connected to the body. I then drilled new holes for where the front holes were now located. Then I just bolted my tranny to it. Worked like a charm.

Last edited:

RedTwilight

Shinigami Akakage
Established Member
well just a said above move the xmember's rear mounting hole to the front and drilled new holes for the front mounting holes. Also a bracket was made to use the original exhaust hangers.

Users who are viewing this thread